Suggestion maybe.

XP saved and additional levels to come

TSLOW

Suggestion maybe.

Post by TSLOW » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:09 pm

What I am suggesting is something brought up to me by a reg, not sure if this info is accurate so bare with me.

He is telling me it would be good to up the limit max hp because it defeats the purpose of having 80 strength for majority of the classes that start out with more than 100 hp and often times it's the classes least commonly played such as Monk, Paladin and other classes.

The only classes that do get full advantage of having 80 strength
and reaching exactly the limit hpare only a few such as Barbarian, Sorceror, and Assassin.
Ven: if you want to dl it
Ven: i have a 10 day pass
TSLOW ***: I'm bad as it is
TSLOW ***: no point in trying at something I know i fail at
Ven: thats not true
Ven: you still play cs =X
TSLOW ***: LOL!

Sylwester

Re: Suggestion maybe.

Post by Sylwester » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:07 pm

That's not true. If you have more that 255 health, then you will see 255 displayed on your hud, but your actual health will be different.

Siddhartha~

Post by Siddhartha~ » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Sylwester wrote:That's not true. If you have more that 255 health, then you will see 255 displayed on your hud, but your actual health will be different.
Thats true, the most hp CS can display is 255, but your actual hp CAN be higher than that. For instance, my barb has 270 starting hp, but it only says 255 at the beginning of each round.
Cheating is only in good taste, when it involves death. - The Most Interesting Man in the World

TSLOW

Post by TSLOW » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm just posting what he wanted to be said, I'm not aware of the everything about the mod.

I am aware cs only shows 255 hp, but he believes hp doesn't go past 255. Hope he at least reads this.

Sylwester

Post by Sylwester » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Siddhartha~ wrote:Thats true, the most hp CS can display is 255, but your actual hp CAN be higher than that. For instance, my barb has 270 starting hp, but it only says 255 at the beginning of each round.
I was referring to "The only classes that do get full advantage of having 80 strength...".
TSLOW wrote:I am aware cs only shows 255 hp, but he believes hp doesn't go past 255. Hope he at least reads this.
I doubt he will read this, but there aren't many options in this matter. Using default (displayed health = real health modulo 256) is even worse. If I map health to percents, then even more players will misunderstand.
The best option is probably to replace health display with HUD message, but then again there are only 4 channels for that and if I use one more of them, then there will be one less for other things.

TSLOW

Post by TSLOW » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Well thanks for clearing things up Syl. :]

grandmasterlee

Post by grandmasterlee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:32 am

TSLOW wrote:What I am suggesting is something brought up to me by a reg, not sure if this info is accurate so bare with me.

He is telling me it would be good to up the limit max hp because it defeats the purpose of having 80 strength for majority of the classes that start out with more than 100 hp and often times it's the classes least commonly played such as Monk, Paladin and other classes.

The only classes that do get full advantage of having 80 strength
and reaching exactly the limit hpare only a few such as Barbarian, Sorceror, and Assassin.
I guess, that argument is academic though since no one is ever naturally going to hit level 150+.

Return to “#8 Diablo II(xp saved) ------------------------108.181.1.219:27022”