Spawn protection

Gungame level Up

HelloIamRobert

Spawn protection

Post by HelloIamRobert » Tue May 31, 2022 5:58 pm

I have a suggestion for the gungame server.

I think the spawn protection time should be reduced. 5 seconds is a very long time considering the size of the some of the maps, people can get over very close to the enemy players' spawn and still have the spawn protection and it's a bit disheartening shooting at invincible enemies for what seems like an eternity, a little while after they've left their spawn.

Obviously it's meant to discourage people from spawn camping, I get that, but like I said, for the size of some of the maps (like fy_pool_day, fy_icevalley and the peach's castle one) it's very very easy to hunt down people who are trying to keep their distance or run away from where they were. For larger fight yard maps like fy_stoneworld, it's more reasonable but all the other maps that I've played recently in the map pool are smaller.

I remember back around when I started playing here the spawn protection time was 3 seconds. I think that's the sweet spot, in my opinion.

I'm open for feedback on this suggestion. I wonder what you guys think!
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mac10***
-[.40 cal ]- Robert *: persistent much?
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mp5navy***
-[.40 cal ]- Robert * has left the game

rip

Re: Spawn protection

Post by rip » Tue May 31, 2022 7:17 pm

It's actually 2 or 2.5. I don't know why it says 5, but I can turn the message off.
rip

Build a fire for a man, you keep him warm that night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

HelloIamRobert

Post by HelloIamRobert » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:11 am

Oh right okay, well I've noticed that players are still invincible for a few seconds after the spawn protection glow ends. I'm guessing the glow lasts for 2 / 2.5 seconds but they are still immune for the same amount of time after the glow ends, for whatever reason. Also, removing the message would be lovely, because it's very in the way.

P.S. I did stopwatch the spawn protection of an enemy player as soon as they spawned and it lasted around 4-5 seconds (the total time they were invincible, not just the time they have the white glow or whatever it is).
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mac10***
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mp5navy***

rip

Post by rip » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:03 am

Yeah, I opened a bug against it. I can manually edit it in the source and recompile, but rather have a real fix so we're not running something unique code wise.
rip

HelloIamRobert

Post by HelloIamRobert » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:13 am

Sounds good, thank you rip!

rip

Post by rip » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:33 pm

Made a code change blind from work....so donno if it changed anything, lol. Error log hasn't said anything yet.
rip

rip

Post by rip » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:24 am

I think the spawn protect is fixed.
rip

Return to “#4 Gungame Server! ------------------------108.181.1.219:27018”