Spawn shields and HE grenades - noob gameplay

To Enable Weapons: say /guns

strrmx

Spawn shields and HE grenades - noob gameplay

Post by strrmx » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:50 am

Aren't DM's meant for practicing aim etc.?

Small maps like fy_iceworld_2k and all noobs do is spawn and throw grenades across the map. Literally no skill at all and ruins the experience for those simply trying to get in there and frag. Remove HE's.

Also, if I work my way to the other side of the map, why is there spawn protection? The person literally spawns, is shooting at me, and I'm unable to shoot them back. How is this fair? Disable spawn protection.

Thank you.

strrmx

Re: Spawn shields and HE grenades - noob gameplay

Post by strrmx » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:24 am

Another thing

gg_winterhold kills the DM server, everyone leaves, trash map

rip

Post by rip » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:53 am

DM isn't meant for anything other than DM. Rack up a body count with whatever is available.

Calling people noobs then turning around to complain that you can't camp spawn for spawn kills because spawn protection is especially ironic/hilarious.
rip

Build a fire for a man, you keep him warm that night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:04 am

Since when doesn't throwing a grenade need skill?!
Dropping it in my feet doesn't, but that one cant have anything to do with other ppl except someone stabbing me in the back that second :roll:
Speaking of stabbing, that's the time i really don't like spawn protection :twisted:
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

strrmx

Post by strrmx » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:07 am

rip wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:53 am DM isn't meant for anything other than DM. Rack up a body count with whatever is available.

Calling people noobs then turning around to complain that you can't camp spawn for spawn kills because spawn protection is especially ironic/hilarious.
Players shouldn't be in that situation in the first place. If you're getting spawn camped it's probably because you're bad. I'm the first person to immediately switch teams if I see one team is struggling. If they cannot be killed, they should not be able to kill. No gun should be accessible until that protection is removed, why am I dying to invulnerable players? Makes no sense.

And nades serve no purpose, people spawn and bang them off the wall first thing, no target whatsoever, just a completely random toss to ruin someone else who's got 6-7 frags in a row.

I've been playing on 40 cal for like 5-6 years or something, shame you guys turned the DM into what it's become. Most of the maps are garbage, spawn protection, and a bunch of noobs landing and spamming nades.

Spend a few hours in the server and see when it dies out, it loses players on the same maps every single time. Get back to the staples like fy_iceworld2k, icevalley, snow, aimakcolt, etc. These weird dust2 renditions and shit are terrible.

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:23 pm

You die from a nade, but it has no purpose :lol:
First of all this is not a competitive server :arrow:
Secondly if you actually care there is one place you could go viewforum.php?f=35 and when you end up on the other side things will be a bit different :idea:
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

rip

Post by rip » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:35 pm

Code: Select all

L 10/03/2020 - 06:51:34: "BIGSLAPPY<174><STEAM_0:1:99533><TERRORIST>" say "map trash"
L 10/03/2020 - 07:03:41: "BIGSLAPPY<174><STEAM_0:1:99533><CT>" say "caboos speed?"
L 10/03/2020 - 07:07:16: "BIGSLAPPY<174><STEAM_0:1:99533><CT>" say "gg"
L 10/03/2020 - 14:44:22: "BIGSLAPPY<1471><STEAM_0:1:99533><TERRORIST>" say "wtf u retards nade so much for"
L 10/03/2020 - 14:44:23: "BIGSLAPPY<1471><STEAM_0:1:99533><TERRORIST>" say "just aim"
L 10/04/2020 - 10:20:56: "BIGSLAPPY<726><STEAM_0:1:99533><TERRORIST>" say "map is ass"
L 10/04/2020 - 10:40:23: "BIGSLAPPY<751><STEAM_0:1:99533><CT>" say "nope u just bad"
L 10/04/2020 - 10:49:38: "BIGSLAPPY<751><STEAM_0:1:99533><TERRORIST>" say "I <3 40calgames!"
L 10/04/2020 - 13:55:56: "BIGSLAPPY<1213><STEAM_0:1:99533><TERRORIST>" say "another awful map"
L 10/05/2020 - 11:25:20: "BIGSLAPPY<914><STEAM_0:1:99533><CT>" say "trash map"
Read this before you say anything else: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53

Players shouldn't be in that situation in the first place. If you're getting spawn camped it's probably because you're bad. I'm the first person to immediately switch teams if I see one team is struggling. If they cannot be killed, they should not be able to kill. No gun should be accessible until that protection is removed, why am I dying to invulnerable players? Makes no sense.

It's a fun server. Just because it's not the way your entitled self wants doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

And nades serve no purpose, people spawn and bang them off the wall first thing, no target whatsoever, just a completely random toss to ruin someone else who's got 6-7 frags in a row.

I'm pretty good with a nade, and even if I bounce it of the wall, it's not random. I'm either going for a kill, softening someone up or blocking vision with the puff of smoke for an instant so I can get to somewhere. I do it all the time, and it serves a purpose even if you struggle to comprehend that. If it served no purpose, it wouldn't do anything. I know, logic isn't your strong suit.

I've been playing on 40 cal for like 5-6 years or something, shame you guys turned the DM into what it's become. Most of the maps are garbage, spawn protection, and a bunch of noobs landing and spamming nades.

Yes, shame on us for providing you the very server and forum for free you are complaining about. How dare we provide over 4 million man-hours of free game play for you and anyone else. Spawn protection and nades have been there the whole time, glad your keen sense of observation just picked up on that after a few years. There has literally been no change into spawning with a nade or the length of spawn protection in years.

Spend a few hours in the server and see when it dies out, it loses players on the same maps every single time. Get back to the staples like fy_iceworld2k, icevalley, snow, aimakcolt, etc. These weird dust2 renditions and shit are terrible.

Oh, I've never thought of actually using the server. Good point, I must have no idea what goes on in there.
rip

strrmx

Post by strrmx » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:19 am

Well, I do appreciate you not banning me and thank you for the free server for years.

With that said, we'll have to agree to disagree on the other topics, but obviously I'm not the owner so my say is null.

I do hope the map rotation can be improved. Since you spend a lot of time on the server you obviously see when the server is full and when it dips in player count. No reason to lose half the server everytime the map changes to havana or the big model/fast speed dust2 map etc.

rip

Post by rip » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:49 am

Suggestion and requests are not null. Rolling in here with the noob/trash/language/etc. isn't really going to be productive.

We do change maps and make adjustments.

Some maps people go nuts for initially and are popular, then over time, they change. People are weird and fickle.

Slim is reviewing maps for GG (and maybe DM, I donno) You can always go shopping on 17buddies or gamebanana and suggest maps.
rip

strrmx

Post by strrmx » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:08 pm

rip wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:49 am Suggestion and requests are not null. Rolling in here with the noob/trash/language/etc. isn't really going to be productive.

We do change maps and make adjustments.

Some maps people go nuts for initially and are popular, then over time, they change. People are weird and fickle.

Slim is reviewing maps for GG (and maybe DM, I donno) You can always go shopping on 17buddies or gamebanana and suggest maps.
Thanks. And I'm an old-school'er so whatever aligns with the usual fy_iceworld2k, snow, valley, aimakcolt, aim_map, awp_maps etc. is cool w/ me. Looks like fy_houses got added recently, it's been fun. Anywhere we can see the updated map rotation once finished?

Return to “#6 Deathmatch Server! ----------------------108.181.1.219:27020”