feedback off the new update

For The Menu - say /war3menu

Bro.

feedback off the new update

Post by Bro. » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Please help reflect my issues if u feel the need do so.

First off i like to start with VIP, I personally feel no advantage at all being a vip, i believe you used to get helms at 6 a piece and necklace at 9. Now helm is only 2 and necklace is 6. I think necklace is fine but on the helm part i feel no advantage at all. The first day i played with the update, playing on dust 40 cal. I came out of spawn went toward mid, the moment i hit double doors, my helms were instantly gone as i ran back out the door. Yes it did save my life, but there goes most of my money from the start of the round and i died soon after that due to lag spike. I think it needs to be changed a lil higher, like 4-5. For the gold part, i think it should go back to ten, Gold isnt even worth having anymore for vip, because ive already spent in two rounds just so i can buy ankh and buy my reg helm and necklace and than cash is all gone.

Now to regular playing, The overall experience just doesnt seem as fun playing since the update and im not the only one saying this (admins feel the same way), im continuously out of money and its hard to afford anything. Every round i can really only afford necklace it seems. Scrolls really need to be lowered, scrolls shouldn't be 16000 at all. Especially for the guys who arent as good as others, there never gonna be able to get gold or ever meet the requirements to get there gold. If the person is not as good to kill someone as others and pick up theres items and they will never be able to use gold or use it for the exp. This update really helps the big guys, the players who come in and are always on top. While they have all there items every round, giving the lil guy a hard time, trying to kill them, when they cant even purchase items to help boost there skill.

So i think everything should be like this
for VIP
Gold= 10 for 15 kills
helm=4-5
necklace=6

Regular
Helm: should either be decreased in price or helms should go back to the normal 3
scrolls: No higher than 12000 (thats at level 25)

Everything i said is just my opinion, feel free to add anything. Just doesnt seem as fun as it was before the update. i will add to this the more i play.

MarioBros

Re: feedback off the new update

Post by MarioBros » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:49 pm

Some items are more expensive to higher level players and the point of that is what you are complaining. The harder it gets the better. So newer players can get some kills...

I do agree helm should be at least 3 charges or something.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Fudd!

Post by Fudd! » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:54 am

Saying it only helps the "good players" is just the server actually becoming more of a level playing field. For a long time the races and items made the player in the WC server, people who barely knew what they were doing could do well simply by race and item combo. I know this is part of the goal to make sure everyone is having fun and "noobie" dont just get dominated but it is still rigged up enough that people who aren't the best players can still do well simply because the races and item combos are so overpowered. I think the update is a step in the right direction.

Its a fine line if Sammy put things back to how they were then it will just be incredibly unbalanced again with people take advantage of items and race. Just because someone isn't as good as some other people doesn't mean you should be able to scroll 5x in one round in order to kill the person that is better than you ... all that is going to do is have the people with higher skill abuse the set up even more... or leave entirely.

Speaking as a non VIP 3k for 1 helmet charge is ridiculously expensive ... 1 helmet charge wont even have you survive a single fire fight... it will stop the random spray and pray HS .. but someone actually aiming at you can put 2 in the head real quick ... waste of 3k.. so it would be a horribly unfair advantage if VIP get 3-5 charges for the same price if they had that they would/should never lose a fire fight...

This could be because I play more traditional WC3 servers where things aren't quite so overpowered as they are in here but I think the update has made the server more fun. It actually takes some skill to kill people rather than just sitting still and letting your race and items do all the work for you, I still think this is an issue with the server but it is less so now and that is for the better making the game more fun.

I can see Bro. complaint about the gold if you can't get 25 kills it would hard to stack up on gold ... could it be made so people with 10+ gold drop more in their chest when they die to someone with less gold giving more of a chance to pick it up ?

Also I would love the ability to give my gold away to people.. I constantly get 25+ kills usually every map I play and almost always have 10-15 gold since I have never bought scroll, 1 in 1000 rounds I will buy a potion and I have never used gold for XP ... I would love to be able to give it away to people to help them out.

Dante

Post by Dante » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:52 am

If you're running out of money then you should rethink what items you're using. Necklace is all you really need now. There are better options people need to explore before they complain about having no money. I was broke the first map I played on with the update. I adjusted my items to what I had and did better. The days of helm, mask, and neck/claws are over I hope. Explore your options as we do have 4 shopmenus to explore.
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

Bro.

Post by Bro. » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:43 pm

MarioBros wrote:Some items are more expensive to higher level players and the point of that is what you are complaining. The harder it gets the better. So newer players can get some kills...

I do agree helm should be at least 3 charges or something.
no i was making the point that scroll is to expensive.. 16000 to rescroll is way to high. should jsut be taken out of the game. really

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:49 pm

sammy wrote: #2 scroll of respawn and Mole is 16000 for high levels and a little cheaper for lower levels
Using your lvl 25 will have its cons...
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Bro.

Post by Bro. » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:07 pm

i only have one level 25. doesnt bother me. im just saying i think its to high.

Bro.

Post by Bro. » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Fudd! wrote:Saying it only helps the "good players" is just the server actually becoming more of a level playing field. For a long time the races and items made the player in the WC server, people who barely knew what they were doing could do well simply by race and item combo. I know this is part of the goal to make sure everyone is having fun and "noobie" dont just get dominated but it is still rigged up enough that people who aren't the best players can still do well simply because the races and item combos are so overpowered. I think the update is a step in the right direction.
Items are a big deal in war3, and when you cant ever use any of them, because you have no gold or the money. Its gonna make a difference, im pretty good in game and i usually always have items, but i noticed guys who werent as good never had items and there scores suffered because of it. Its hard for me even as a vip to keep gold and have money and i think if you purchase vip, you should be a step ahead.

apples

Post by apples » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Everything in this patch is balanced besides the helms. Helm charges should be changed to 2 each for non VIP and VIP should get 4 helm charges. Everything else is fine. Thanks sammy :D

Bro.

Post by Bro. » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:51 pm

apples wrote:Everything in this patch is balanced besides the helms. Helm charges should be changed to 2 each for non VIP and VIP should get 4 helm charges. Everything else is fine. Thanks sammy :D
hard to say that ive never seen you once play in the war 3 server

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”