Hi it's Gavin

new to the 40cal forums?

gavin

Hi it's Gavin

Post by gavin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:58 pm

I've been playing on and off on 40cal cs 1.6 servers since 2010. After playing on a lot of other servers, I always seem to make my way back to 40cal servers. Aog servers are really laggy sometimes and so I finally found 40cal again after forgetting about it. 40cal definitively runs the best cs servers on the net. It is very comforting to know that 40cal will be here whether it's 2010, 2011, or 2012 unlike some communities that disappear overnight (I'm looking at you lazygaming). The language rules force me to be a nice person, at least when on the server. The only problem I've had with the censor was when I was trying to say steam community to someone on the server and it censored it for the word community. I understand that it's there to prevent people from advertising.

Lately I've been playing on:
Deathmatch
Intermediate
Gungame

Hobbies:
Video games such as CS, TF2, L4D2 and a single player game occasionally.
Snowboarding
Mountain biking
Creating video game movies
Programming though I only know vb.net and some webdesign.

I hope to see some of you guys on the servers. I think i'll apply to join 40cal soon.

Also, the captcha out smarted me 40 times today at least. Earlier today, it took me several tries though I finally got it, but when I came home from school, my account was non existent. Hopefully it won't delete my account again. I might be willing to redesign the website, to take this website into 2012, the early 2000's feel might turn away some people.

sammy
Site Admin

Re: Hi it's Gavin

Post by sammy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:12 pm

HEY HEY HEY..whats up gavin. glad to see you here. welcome back to 40cal :D
sammy

gavin

Post by gavin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:50 pm

sammy wrote:HEY HEY HEY..whats up gavin. glad to see you here. welcome back to 40cal :D
sammy
Thanks. I wonder what happened to the community here, I think I made first post today. I don't think cs is dying as it had 79 k players at peak according to http://store.steampowered.com/stats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Where is everyone playing and posting? Wherever they are, they should be here instead.

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Nice to meet you gavin!! You're right, where is everyone? They should be in our servers playing!

gavin

Post by gavin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:39 am

tomwzhere wrote:Nice to meet you gavin!! You're right, where is everyone? They should be in our servers playing!
I don't know why they aren't on the servers, but they could not be on the forums because it has the best captchas on earth, I don't think I've been given harder captchas that have required more tries in my life. If this wasn't the forums for the best servers on earth, I would have given up after 5 tries.

Monkey D. Luffy

Post by Monkey D. Luffy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:40 pm

I'll start playing once I am back in the states at the end of march (currently in Hong Kong). Dang auto-kick over 150 ping! But yeah, I miss the full intermediate server ... playing with less than 14 people is no fun!!

Oh and hello! :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”