list of banned words?

speak and you will be heard!

joem

list of banned words?

Post by joem » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:29 pm

now i know that by publishing it, it kinda defeats the purpose of those words not being seen, but since alot of innocence gets caught up as filth....could a list of banned words/phrases/syntaxes be obtained to prevent future monetary losses?

besides some obvious stuff, i know of triple Ws (remember....aww with 2 dubs, boys n girls 8-) ) and no .coms.

however, sometimes it seems that when i get a little excited and type really fast, maybe to tell someone something before they die, that a totally innocent phrase gets banned too. is that because i'm tripping off a spam filter as well? should i wait so many seconds before each text line?

thanks for the clarifications :?:

Goth_

Re: list of banned words?

Post by Goth_ » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Well the filter doesn't see spaces in between words, so say:

"Come on team rush it!"

the filter sees: Comeonteamrushit.

So yeah, it kinda sucks, but it's there for a reason.
G [O] t h_ Image
I gotta choke chain, ch ch choke chain, I gotta shock collar, sh sh shock collarrrr...

hamb0ne

Post by hamb0ne » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:02 am

some of my favorites:

tonight
against fury
crackhouse

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:14 pm

Don't even bother kid... I've tried to get them to let me make a post with every single profane word in existence... but they wouldn't let me :'(

Exalted

Post by Exalted » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:38 pm

Ya, you may just be saying words that aren't even close to being classified as a profane word. The filter strings words together which may obtain a curse word.

joem

Post by joem » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:02 pm

yea apparently that's what i must have been doing.
Goth_ wrote:the filter sees: Comeonteamrushit.

i like to say things like 'cmon team push it!'!quite often so i just gotta be more mindful and say "cmon team psuh it!" instead 8-)
Evangelist wrote:Don't even bother kid... I've tried to get them to let me make a post with every single profane word in existence... but they wouldn't let me :'(
oh well, at least i tried ;) i think i know most of them by now. i'm still surprised how wt-eff made its way back into allowance though :shock:

Dean

Post by Dean » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:15 am

well it's basically an acronym for something inappropriate
-[.40 cal ]- Dean ****

Venom's awesome skills! <3 Venom

joem

Post by joem » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:04 pm

but at an earlier time, wt-eff was also on the list of banned words-phrases-things to say, right?

hey,...im on the wc3 server right now, and i just noticed that someone loudly yelled out "EFFFF YEAH" and as you might imagine...he didn't really say EFFF. :shock:

i did some quick "testing" of major swear words and noticed they all got by unfiltered. at first i thought words in ALL CAPS don't get filtered?

but basically, it appears the swear filter is down, at least in WC3 server. is this a temporary downage or was the filter taken down intentionally? :?:

Return to “Suggestion booth!”