No damage meter

Gungame level Up

HelloIamRobert

No damage meter

Post by HelloIamRobert » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:50 pm

Hello,

I hopped on the server a few minutes and noticed I can't see how much damage I've done to players when I hit them. Is it a glitch or was this plugin deliberately removed? It's also gone from deathmatch as well.
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mac10***
-[.40 cal ]- Robert *: persistent much?
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mp5navy***
-[.40 cal ]- Robert * has left the game

rip

Re: No damage meter

Post by rip » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:18 pm

I can't win...people complained about it, and the spawn protection (saying 5 seconds even when it was not that long) I turned it off.

In theory, damage and spawn message is separate, I'll have to double check. It was off for the longest time to discourage spamming of the walls.
rip

Build a fire for a man, you keep him warm that night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

HelloIamRobert

Post by HelloIamRobert » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:07 am

Ah right that's understandable, was just checking. If more people agree that it's problematic, a democracy is a democracy. People are gonna spam walls anyway, regardless of whether than can see how much they're hitting the enemies for, but that's just my opinion!
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mac10***
-[.40 cal ]- Robert *: persistent much?
***-[.40 cal ]- F@N1 ** kills -[.40 cal ]- Robert * with a headshot from mp5navy***
-[.40 cal ]- Robert * has left the game

lost

Post by lost » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:34 am

Most of the servers I play on do not use the damage meter, they claim it encourages the spam. I of course never spam, my mouse sticks and just keeps firing, total accident.

Spawn protection keeps people from camping the other teams spawn, but I am open to lowering or changing it, whatever you guys think.
" I am so lost "

rip

Post by rip » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:59 pm

I turned it back oy, so no screaming bloody murder when the feedback encourages walling. :roll:
rip

Build a fire for a man, you keep him warm that night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Return to “#4 Gungame Server! ------------------------108.181.1.219:27018”