Venom

got a problem? lets hear it!

Rivelli

Venom

Post by Rivelli » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:41 pm

1- I politely replied to your post a few times and stated how we do things here ...
- but you have this need to keep persisting which if you were an admin... would be annoying
I didn't realize you where the only one with the opinion that matters. I assumed others mattered. Do they not matter? Why did you have to lock the topic? Are you stating that _everyone_ agrees completely with you on this matter? Even if so, is that enough to lock the topic?
2- You aren't even a member, you have no idea how we do things here -but you act like you know exactly how things SHOULD BE done ... that is annoying ....
I got the picture, for the most part. Ad hominem; new guy doesn't get a say. It is the suggestion section. I even stated that I wasn't sure that I'm correct. You got a problem with an open topic that others may participate in?
3 - I said you were beating a dead horse on the topic
-but you just had to keep pushing and try to bump heads with me .....
- arguing with someone with the longest tenure here doesn't help you as a regular or an admin.
I gave one response to that post. Is that bumping heads with you? Don't argue with those with tenure? My last response was to Mercykiller, not you. Perhaps Mercykiller got it right, whatever his true motivations were.
you weren't in the wrong, but I stated politely and as you said .. reiterated ( a few times ) ... it's how we do things here.. and the drawbacks of using HLTV
Again, I assumed this was a community. I didn't realize it's solely your opinion that matters.
You are open to suggestions, but if the answer you hear doesn't suit you and you need to keep pressing the subject .. Then YES you are not a good fit here ... or anywhere in real life for that matter ...

If you would take care to notice, I evolved my idea throughout that thread, as input was given. It doesn't even need to be HLTV. But you weren't interested in any discussion for improvement. Your position was that I should shut up. Are you outright stating that there isn't any room for improvement? I'm guessing you don't have the incentive to care enough for the commonwealth to have opinions and dislike ones that dare debate those with authority. "or anywhere is real life for that matter"? Isn't sammy's thing "be nice", or something like that? I guess you get a pass for tenure.
We are not looking for a short cuts or easy routes as you may think ... for our admins ... their hard work shows through what we ask of them ... and if sitting in spec to record a demo is what it takes ... it's what they will do it's too much work for you to sit in spec and record anyway as you stated.
Shortcuts? I have no idea where you got that from. Evidence besides that single sentence fragment you love quoting? That fragment was actually indented as performing typical user mindset, but lets not think of them. :P BTW - Speaking of hard work, the demo I posted has yet to be dealt with. I don't consider that hard work; I consider what I could have done to be hard work.
so thank you ...
locked and DENIED as requested
It was requested based on the following conditions:
If this clan doesn't like polite debate nor innovative suggestions and would rather censor ideas, then decline my app, lock it, and be done with it.
You do realize the logical implications of "granting" my request, right? You don't like polite debate. You don't like innovative solutions and would rather censor ideas. Also, you, as a tenure, give that sort of brand to the entire clan, which I don't think is correct. Thus the complaint, subject Venom.

I'm saving this post on my hard drive, just in case you delete it; I just get that feeling from you.

MarioBros

Re: Venom

Post by MarioBros » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Understand that even though we are admins in this community, we all have things to do outside the game. Our 1* and 2* are responsible for posting hackers and keeping the servers in order. 3*+ are the ones who make the bans and, even if you don't believe, most of them have been dealing with things with their lives. Including me. I've been busy with school and some final projects, but nothing compared with other's problems that really make them busy.

That may be a reason why your demo hasn't been reviewed and/or banned. Excuse us.

Regarding your proposal about HLTV and Venom's reply "how we do things around here"

It's not that easy to change methods and procedures to follow when banning when it has been the same for around 15 years. Specially something advanced like that. And it really isn't that hard to go and spec/record a hacker. It just takes time, if you're new to it.
Our demo method is fast and we don't have to look for the evidence recorded along the hour/day/week (whatever). It is provided and explained, at the moment, why the accused is hacking or not.
We also get to see who (admins) gets the hang of catching hackers, and thus, make up the ranks a little bit faster (not that fast though).

It is not like Venom isn't closed minded about it, or his word is final, he has been here more time than 97% of the admins here and knows that that discussion will have the same output. The same output.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

MeRcyKiLler

Post by MeRcyKiLler » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:14 pm

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You should drop the pompous attitude when plenty of people tell you that your "solution" isnt going to work like you think it is. Ohh and btw, insulting an admin is probably the worst possible way to get your own admin app accepted. Especially since you're idea of dissing me for replying on the topic was actually inaccurate and irrelevant. It takes one 3 star or 4 star admin to review a ban request and make the final decision. Goes to show how much you really know about any of this. I'd suggest you watch your tone and the way you address an admin since we are the ones who run the servers you like to enjoy your time in.

*dies 3 times to same person*

We aren't friends anymore -_-

Rivelli

Post by Rivelli » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Which was sort of my main original points. The demos need to be seen by the higher ups anyway, Mercykiller. Yet the counter argument was that I was giving them extra work. Yet the counter to that was the 1's do yada yada...See my point? The higher ups need to determine their faith in your ability to judge. To climb higher, can't you judge and endorse the ones I send? You certainly don't have tenure, but you love using the "we" and seem to think it's a terrible idea to argue against any admin. Rather, you put words in my mouth in that suggestion topic, both backing up Venom, and the poor poor sammy that would have to pay. I said nothing of the kind. I'm actually in my late 20's. I can afford to test servers, especially when I rent boxes that host websites for small businesses. Good luck on making it though. I'm honestly not sarcastic here. Everyone has their preferences. I'll check (I have no idea how long), to see if you climb the ranks.

MarioBros: You seem more level headed; I understand you. But Venom, and even you, may be too faithful to the system because you are (correct me if I'm wrong), old school, been head honchos since pretty much the beginning. You don't know what it's like these days; new steamids are dirt cheap, quality players quickly move to superior servers, etc. I see hackers nearly every time I play. If you guys see it, poof. Done. If I see it, I either act like the majority and leave, or I go the route layed out. The majority don't play that game. Doesn't it bother any of you that a hacker will quickly empty your servers for who knows how long? When I see that, and the frustration of the other players, I empathize with them and tried to figure out a solution. mish and I have been on the same boat regarding that for a while. We both applied for pretty much the same reason, though he might get accepted as he isn't outspoken the way I am.

You say your demo system is fast, but at the same time, people have lives. I was trying to solve that problem as well.

Sorry for pulling the philosophy jargon, but the Venom comment is pure ad hominem. Being here nearly the longest makes him the smartest? The obvious answer is not necessarily. But, in this community, that sort of common sense doesn't work. Lastly, lets even suppose he _is_ correct. Why the locked topic? I didn't spam at all.

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm saving this post on my hard drive, just in case you delete it; I just get that feeling from you.
Save, Screenshot or Printscreen all you want .

Your attitude and presumptions make me totally agree... you are not a fit for us

I have nothing to hide. I never delete anyone's posts .. Everyone has the right to their own opinions

I have been here here long enough to see the same suggestions, request for change on certain things and any other post anyone makes at least 5 times or more. So ... When i gave you advice that you were beating a dead horse. You should have listened .. instead of making yourself look like a pompous ass.

Mario
It is not like Venom isn't closed minded about it, or his word is final, he has been here more time than 97% of the admins here and knows that that discussion will have the same output. The same output.
It's the same every time

I tried to be nice, but your attitude towards the best answer you would get to your suggestion shows the qualities and attitudes we want in our admins ... you lack sir.

Next time ... for someone so sensitive like yourself .. I will give you the IDC reply " we will think about it"
and do nothing ...

I was straight forward and polite ... you wanted a debate ... Which led me to lock the topic.

@MercyKiller .. This Ravioli guy has no idea how we do things. He just thinks he does ... so don't give anything he has to say any weight

You come to our door. try to tell us what is best for us and you aren't even part of our team .. I told you the cons ... yet you still think because YOU suggested it it is better

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius

When it comes to procedures or protocols or rules. No one knows more about 40 cal other than Sammy the owner. I either re-wrote, edited or wrote in these rules/protocols/and training manuals myself ... I know this forum inside and out because I was the one who rebuilt this forum

it's why you should have read this first
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
( the bold letters incase you have vision problems )
By you not being able to follow simple instructions .. says a lot :roll:

Try listening to what others say instead of just wanting to hear your own voice heard.

You're new around here. So let me give you some more advice ( I usually don't do this twice for someone so ignorant to how we do things or so spaced out on his own ego )

.... But I am the wrong person you want to go or be at odds with ... that's solid and sound advice ... TRUST ME! :lol:

Now I love me a good abuse thread. It's been a while ... Especially for something as meager as this.

Usually it was because of what I did to someone in a server ... but thanks for another notch on my admin abuse belt ...

Let it go ... you're just making yourself look even worse.

I could lock this .. just to piss you off ... but I'll let you reply .. so more of your ignorance will be shown ..

...or again ... just let it go
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

Rivelli

Post by Rivelli » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Thanks for not trolling me by locking this, honestly.
Your attitude and presumptions make me totally agree... you are not a fit for us

I have nothing to hide. I never delete anyone's posts .. Everyone has the right to their own opinions
Call me a geek or whatever, bit everything was based on the conditional in the app thread. The logical implications were followed. "Censorship" was literally part of the conditional, yet you think I'm out of line to think you _may_ delete?

Locking that suggestion thread hurt other possible opinions in said thread.
I have been here here long enough to see the same suggestions, request for change on certain things and any other post anyone makes at least 5 times or more. So ... When i gave you advice that you were beating a dead horse. You should have listened .. instead of making yourself look like a pompous ass.
You are the one that keeps doing the ad hominem, while I'm the one that keeps saying that I didn't know if I was indeed correct, not to mention it was an evolving idea. I have a lot of experience as well, but I don't use that in a debate, nor should I. And again, I never tried to force you to debate.
I was straight forward and polite ... you wanted a debate ... Which led me to lock the topic.
Why not ignore the topic? I'd debate my bunnyhopping suggestion as well. :P But no one wanted to, so it wen't cold, naturally, the way it should end. Perhaps in a years time, someone will care about that suggestion. But locked topics don't have that luxury. I may not have given the impression of patience, but it's isn't the case that I had to have massive changes next week...
You come to our door. try to tell us what is best for us and you aren't even part of our team .. I told you the cons ... yet you still think because YOU suggested it it is better

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius
How many times do I have to say that I never said I was necessarily correct? Yet somehow it's different for you. I really dislike double standards. That Confucius quote goes both ways. But maybe not, considering you're the expert, seeing everything at least 5 times. I can site things as well, you know, like a nice Kuhnian paradigm shift quote, where the experts fail to see the obvious that the new generation sees.

As for the bold rule thing: I don't really expect a response (either the void or another locked topic), but just in case... What false report did I make?
Try listening to what others say instead of just wanting to hear your own voice heard.

You're new around here. So let me give you some more advice ( I usually don't do this twice for someone so ignorant to how we do things or so spaced out on his own ego )

.... But I am the wrong person you want to go or be at odds with ... that's solid and sound advice ... TRUST ME! :lol:
I counter the possible cons or adjust to avoid possible cons. The rest, and majority of, responses were ad hominems. I just call it as I see it. You could be anyone, high or lowborn. I definately don't want to be a part of a clan with a requirement such that I must avoid arguments with the higher ups. Is it an ego thing? I don't know. You say I have one, but I'm the one that can be wrong. I doubt you would even admit the mere possibility! Yet I'm the one with the pompus ego. Pfff to that.
Now I love me a good abuse thread. It's been a while ... Especially for something as meager as this.

Usually it was because of what I did to someone in a server ... but thanks for another notch on my admin abuse belt ...
I'm taking this as a complement, as it implicates that I'm original. Thank you.

------

After all said and done, I don't mind not being part of the clan. I'll still be a reg, if allowed. I'll still post demos. Besides, it would likely take a long time to climb the robes anyway, so my primary reason for being a member, to get rid of hackers quickly, is nullified. Heck, maybe people here will start to understand me, one day, which I admit is a common issue.

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:16 am

Yea. Don't flatter yourself. I've had far more abuse threads for much less. Just funny when someone can't understand or like you just flat out don't get it

It's a suggestion page

You gave one .. I replied

You then wanted to argue about it... then wanted to make a stand and say ... boohoo deny this app if this is how you will treat meeeee wahhhhhhhh! :lol:
You think we want someone with your attitude anyway? You question authority and you don't even have a foot in the door ... You don't take subtle hints well ... and you don't take straight comments very well.... Bottom feeder? Probably don't succeed in work places? Low man on the totem pole in all life situations ?

I can read people ... Mr CAL-i ... who doesn't even play on a game-able device ... so it's hard for you to sit in spec and record a demo??
That my friend ... is where .. in terms for the lame ... complete bullshit ... We all know you were never in cal-i ... even the most novice player with no league experience will know that they can sit in spec ... watch and demo in first view and hardware won't be much of an issue ... Maybe go on ebay and purchase a 4 dig... then your crap ass lie may be more believable ... btw ... not the first time someone says they were in these leagues and dammit !!! wish they still had their old steam ID :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would bet on .... you never having a low steam ID or .. you got it valve banned ... either way ... when I see comments like that ... I know it's bullshit

on your bunny hoping post
i have NEVER EVER EVER EVER seen a post about bunny hopping or crouch running ... #holycrapthatwasmajorsarcasm

So yeah .. I won't even start on topics like that ... and why you probably won't get many responses in that issue ... we have all seen it multiple times, :roll:

What do you think you would achieve from this post?

That I'm an asshole ? Bleh .... known fact

That I'm right ? Never said there was a right or wrong .. simply said it's not how we do things here and tried to avoid all of this but "beating a dead horse" is your thing .. all good

You think somehow my position here will be in jeopardy because you brought this subject forward? Yeah ... not going to happen ... I'm doing what I'm suppose to do.

I've seen many like you before

quote everything... break down a post in sections to make a point .. make a comment to point out you have a point ...so you THINK you have an actual point ... so it helps you sleep better at night ... :roll:

That's an ego thing ... your ego is hurt .. I know .. i can see it ...I can feeeeeeel it .... and this is not an assumption .. I can just tell you like having the last word .. but ... when your last word... honestly doesn't hold water or have a solid platform to debate .... means absolutely nothing to me

SO ..... Lets lee what type of person you are

Option A - Cut your loses and go play a game ...

Option B - Break down this post .. quote the crap out of it ... say stuff to make yourself feel better

but know You put yourself in a position to be scrutinized ...... again

Get a grip homie!

Go play or don't ... I enjoy good reading material .. and get to respond ... with the obvious ... and again ... you feel belittled because you can't take a hint
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right

Rivelli

Post by Rivelli » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:29 am

You question authority and you don't even have a foot in the door
I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Any so-called hints were ignored for this reason.

I never intended to be abusive, nor for the least, so I'm still flattered.

I love option B :D Though perhaps tomorrow. I drank too much to get into too much detail. But two things for now: I don't know if you're being intentional with the trolling, with the accusations, etc, or if you're really like this.

Unfortunately, most of the gaming news was lost: I did a quick google. The Gotfrag stuff is gone. http://planetquake.gamespy.com/pagetool ... s&id=81805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe I saved it somewhere, though I predict photoshopping. I'd do a video chat with my WEW and sponsors uniform, but the same issue applies.

I was quite happy with what I did over a decade ago. Remember Beatdown? A famous San Jose pub for years. If anyone knows, Buddhapest was the man over there. He disliked me as well, though for the complete opposite reason; I only played the game, not taking part of the community. beatdown12.com still exists, but is idle. I turned 7 newbs there into the top OGL team (har har har) and a good CAL-M team. After the first CPL, out second round, we broke up. I kept living at a lan center till I filled in for ASNL, cal-p at the time. Finallly, at the end of my CS days, WEW for their final season in CAL-I. I went on to do the Painkiller, the CPL world tour game at the time, went CAL-I and CPL for that. Quake 4 was the next deathmatch game.

When that ended, CS or Quakeworld, I only do deathmatch, thus the deathmatch server preference.

Again, you might be trolling, but if I didn't sell my 4-digit, I'd be legit in your eyes? Valve bans are only a year, so that option is out, at least they were when in my day. I'm sorry I don't come from old money. That goes double for having a used laptop. I did upload a demo though; perhaps someone will see it, someday.

Googleing only yeilds mostly deathmatch evidence of my cal-i+ days, unfortunately. I'll make it my mission to find my external drive, to find that folder that has the evidence, photoshop accusations or not I'll tell ya!

http://www.legit-proof.com/team/?db=CAL ... sion_id=31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.fnatic.com/content/571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://pkzone.org/cpl-world-tour/5-tour ... 147483647/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So to question my history, I'll say this: How dare you, sir!? How dare you?! :P

When a guy says he is currently 16 and played competitive 1.3, you have something, but no 4digit and no more gaming system? I don't play professionally anymore. If someone owns me in 40cal, I'll get over it. If your trolling me, I'll think it's funny. If you seriously think I'm a liar, I think you need more experience...

Lastly, at least for now, unless you lock or whatever, you can make fun of me being the top, and the bottom of where I work. I own my business, a small business.

PS - sammy, if you ever read this, the above post doesn't seem nice... D: D: D:

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:15 am

Are you guys done?
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:21 am

PS - sammy, if you ever read this, the above post doesn't seem nice... D: D: D:
He reads everything .. That's why i NEVER delete posts ... :lol:

Well my real name is Brian Flanders aka Destrukt

Let me just take on some internet gaming name ... Let me grab you some online info with absolutely no proof it's really me

I also invented the sticky note

I'm the original founder and CEO of Apple .. heres my picture ... I had to google it because I can't find my external drives ... too busy being retired from online gaming ... and the CPL

Perhaps on some hard drive ... I will find or make some proof ...

again ... what you have to say and need to say means absolutely nothing to me ...

What I know is your attitude and mentality isn't up to par and is not a good fit here. That came about when you said recording a demo is too much work for you ,,,

so ... are you done now? Because I have no problems condescending anything you have to say

Return to “Admin Abuse/Injustice!”