Site Contact Board Feature

speak and you will be heard!

Dead Man

Site Contact Board Feature

Post by Dead Man » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:36 am

A while back when I was having trouble trying to contact SAMMY it was impossible to contact Sammy or someone who could actually help me. And don't get me wrong I love playing on your servers but your
Communication Support for Non Registered Members is Not To Good.

* Also all the EMAILS you guys have to contact you are not WORKING. I didn't get any replies back in over a month.

It literally took over a MONTH just so I could be able to REGISTER to this FORUMS.

Plus your Portal Contact Button is Broken. It leads to this:

I WOULD SUGGEST TO ADD THIS MOD YOU YOUR SITE
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/contact_board_administration/

Description of Mod: Allows guests and/or registered users to either send an email to admins or to either send a PM or make a Post in a designated forum. Allows an admin to choose to have attachments for forum post or PMs. Also allows an admin to allow checking against forum email and/or user names.
Last edited by Dead Man on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bluefire672

Re: Site Contact Board Feature

Post by bluefire672 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:03 am

If i had known sooner i would have helped you sooner. Well at least i got you going hope you enjoy gaming with us cya around servers.

ladyToOLs

Post by ladyToOLs » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 am

You should go to the chat box at the bottom of the board index page. People are always on there.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:51 am

Weird, I didn't had any problem when I first registered... Neither did my brother... Its rare to have this kind of troubles.
But thanks for the input and how to solve it.
Did you tried contacting an admin in game with this issues?
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:37 pm

ladyToOLs wrote:You should go to the chat box at the bottom of the board index page. People are always on there.
The chat is useless since guest cant use it. You need to be a member for access.
MarioBros wrote:Weird, I didn't had any problem when I first registered... Neither did my brother... Its rare to have this kind of troubles.
But thanks for the input and how to solve it.
Did you tried contacting an admin in game with this issues?
Yea I contacted over 10 admins probably. 2 of them said they contacted a site admin and it would be fix soon but than i never herd from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Think this site could use some extra features and EDITS. like fixing the width so the page doesn't stretch out

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Well, this is something Sammy might want to look at, because you're not the first person that has encountered this problem, but you are the first that took over a month to sign up. The others usually finish registering the same day.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:40 pm

I tried a Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, Live and non of them would ever get the confirmation email. I checked Junk mail as well nothing ever arrived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thread that might give some shine into problem if someone can get SAMMY to read this.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/multiple_newsletters_add_on/faq/f_385

[urhttps://wiki.phpbb.com/Support/Email_Troubleshooting]https://wiki.phpbb.com/Support/Email_Troubleshooting[/url]

bluefire672

Post by bluefire672 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Dude too be honest i think it was because you missed a check box or the test generator too see if your a real person making account. When i made your account for you i did so using yahoo no problems. The in site chat box however is a good tip. :?:

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:27 pm

bluefire672 wrote:Dude too be honest i think it was because you missed a check box or the test generator too see if your a real person making account. When i made your account for you i did so using yahoo no problems. The in site chat box however is a good tip. :?:
No that wasn't it. The reason you were successful was because the
Admin of site removed the email verification and set Account activation: No activation (immediate access)

Dont know what you are referring to by chat though.

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Did you ever get to a chance to look at this Sammy? I still see that the Contact link in the Portal Page still is not working.

Also I have had experience in phpBB Sites if you ever need any help.

Now I am not trying to advertise my site at all. But just so you can see how the contact page looks like in a live forum: http://b2k-gamers.com/forums/contact.php#middle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also feel free to browse around site so you can see what I have done with it. And if by any chance you like anything let me know.

Please delete site name if it is againts 40 Cal forum rules.

Return to “Suggestion booth!”