Destiny

play thousands of games free!

ShOoTaHReTuRnZ

Re: Destiny

Post by ShOoTaHReTuRnZ » Fri May 29, 2015 10:21 pm

I started in December of last year and got my ghorn by February from a legendary engram I got from heroic story. I've actually moved on from this game since late March to focus on getting through my backlog of games. Also I'm unwilling to shell out extra cash for this game's dlc.
"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."
- Notable phrase of the U.S. Declaration of Independence

Knives

Post by Knives » Sat May 30, 2015 2:19 am

ShOoTaHReTuRnZ wrote:Also I'm unwilling to shell out extra cash for this game's dlc.
I don't know about which dlc package you bought but I bought the one that came in 2(House of Wolves and Dark Below) for 20$ so I just went to the psn store and just downloaded the expansion.

Super[HeadShot]

Post by Super[HeadShot] » Sat May 30, 2015 10:13 am

Knives wrote:33 hunter
32 lock
32 titan
3 months in no ghorn forever sad...... :cry: :cry: :cry:
House of Wolves should've had a new raid :\
So much arena'ing and pvping no time to raid now
Still on ps3 tho and I'm a beast at both pve and pvp
Hey Dude <3

House of Wolves No Raid :( :(

But There's New Mod = Prison of Elders

5 Rounds To Play When U Finish it u will get 3 boxes in the Third BoX YOU SHOULD GET SOMETHING EXOTIC its will never give u legendry ONLY EXOTIC And 60% Will give u Ghorn <3
i got my Third Ghorn From that Modd

To Open The Third Chest u Need Trusure Key u get that key from Earth , Venus , Moon , Mars

u will get the first key with Free By Complete The First 6 - 5 i dont remember when u complete it they will give u 1 key a Gift Soo now i m lvl 34 with all Chracters <3

if u want any help i will help u <3 <3

GooD Lucky

-Super <3

Be Nice Or Be Gone <3

Super[HeadShot]

Post by Super[HeadShot] » Sat May 30, 2015 10:13 am

32 lock
32 titan
Hey Dude <3

5 Rounds To Play When U Finish it u will get 3 boxes in the Third BoX YOU SHOULD GET SOMETHING EXOTIC its will never give u legendry ONLY EXOTIC And 60% Will give u Ghorn <3

To Open The Third Chest u Need Trusure Key u get that key from Earth , Venus , Moon , Mars

u will get the first key with Free By Complete The First 6 - 5 i dont remember when u complete it they will give u 1 key a Gift Soo now i m lvl 34 with all Chracters <3

GooD Lucky

-Super <3

Be Nice Or Be Gone <3

Knives

Post by Knives » Sat May 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Super[HeadShot] wrote:
32 lock
32 titan
Hey Dude <3

GooD Lucky

-Super <3
I'm on ps3 and yes arena = what your saying and I already understand all of that and I know all of that already but all I get from the treasure chest are other useless exotics :( opened the chest about at least 10times already.

Super[HeadShot]

Post by Super[HeadShot] » Sun May 31, 2015 7:10 pm

Knives wrote:
Super[HeadShot] wrote:
32 lock
32 titan
Hey Dude <3

GooD Luck

-Super <3
I'm on ps3 and yes arena = what your saying and I already understand all of that and I know all of that already but all I get from the treasure chest are other useless exotics :( opened the chest about at least 10times already.

Lol I m sad for u

But keep going and don't be upset just play play

I wish for u better luck <3

Be Nice Or Be Gone <3

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:44 pm

Still playing this, but the trend is happening...

More DLCs, and they're going up in price. It seems akin to drugs. The first is cheap, gets you thrilled... then if you want to keep going, you have to keep dishing out the cash.

The next DLC is coming out later this year, but its going to be almost as much as a brand new game. How much content can we expect? Sure they've laid it out; new strikes, a new raid, more gear, weapons, and sub-classes... how long will this last? 8 hours of gameplay? 10? 12? 20? Less? More? There will be more DLC after; this is no longer the exception, its the rule.

I used to play Payday 2 a lot. I mean a LOT. I loved it. Emphasis on lovED. I finally got turned off to a few things.

1. Constant unnecessary DLCs: Some would add a new heist. Some would only add a few weapons, but as the DLC progressed; the things they had in common was that you would receive your new weapon/attachments AFTER you completed an achievement. In essence, you were paying for achievements to unlock content. For someone like me (casual player; playing with a few friends mostly) this was either near impossible or didn't seem worthy of even trying. Destiny, however, isn't like this... yet, and I hope it wont be. Am very casual on Destiny, but I still have made quite a bit of score from it. So far, Destiny's problem is that the DLC will be a make or break situation. If you don't have it, you can't continue the game. Similar to WoW. Unlike in Payday 2 where it was just variety; since you could group up with someone that has the DLC and still play those missions even if you don't own the DLC. Am very much afraid that Destiny will turn into this. God forbid if they have a DLC that just adds armor colors...

2. The only re-playability is repetition: Doing the same missions over and over. Eventually it gets boring. Am I bored with Destiny, no; but with Payday 2, yes eventually doing the same missions over and over got boring. However; this reflects my first point; more DLC, but for a price. A $5 dollar game turned into almost $100. Destiny is beginning to show signs of this. Especially when I saw the price will be $40 for The Taken King. My argument is, will we get our money's worth? Again, I still love Destiny; the missions are still fun and interesting, but if we want more, we'll have to pay for it. On top of Playstation Plus and Season Passes. Nothing is free anymore, I get that; but my only concern is will they pull an Infinity Ward on players and charge them large amounts of money for essentially nothing... because you know, Activision.

3. Their 10 year plan: This is what scares me the most. Worst case scenario is in a few years, maybe even sooner than that... Destiny 2. World ending scenario; Destiny 2 without character transfers. Meaning you have to start all over again. Either scenario renders everything obsolete. Much like in WoW when a new expansion comes out, you're all geared out with top-tier stuff, and low and behold... the first green item you get right after doing the first mission on the new continent is better. Obsolete. Blizzard however wont make a WoW 2 because their plan is working. Funnel an expansion every year, change a few things here and there, and people eat it like crack. Can we expect Destiny to survive 10 years without a sequel... no. No we honestly can't. Its the nature of the beast. Can we expect it to survive with multiple DLC, expansions and add-ons. Possibly, but depending on how successful The Taken King will be, which I expect it to be, it will set the stage for Destiny 2. My prediction is maybe two or three more DLC after Taken King, and Destiny 2 will be released.

Will I get The Taken King? You bet your ass I will... but only once I know its gonna be worth the money. If not, it'll probably end there for me. I don't trust Bungie, and I certainly don't trust Activision. I also don't trust gaming websites or most reviewers. So once this DLC comes out, all I ask is if you get it, be honest; and not just to me, but to everyone.

ShOoTaHReTuRnZ

Post by ShOoTaHReTuRnZ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Oh man I'm glad they got a great deal for newcomers and returning guardians alike.
There's a Destiny legendary edition (not the taken king collector's edition) that includes the main Destiny game, expansion 1 the dark below, expansion 2 house of wolves, and the taken king all for $59.99
On top of that there's even the vip reward package for those that qualify as a 1 year anniversary thank you of the game's first release.
I think this a great deal for me since I've always questioned whether these dlcs deliver the bang for your buck.
I'll share my honest thoughts on the taken king when it comes out. I hope for the best.
"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."
- Notable phrase of the U.S. Declaration of Independence

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Man I hear you; again, I don't hate Destiny. I love it, its fun and entertaining, but DLC has to enhance the gameplay. It has to be worth the money. So far I haven't been let down, but I don't want to be, not by Destiny.

Knives

Post by Knives » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:27 pm

@evangelist
This is my real truth of what I first saw of The Taken King and actually rewatched the trailer about..... 10times because it was pretty awesome.
-New raid (OMG about time because I have nothing to farm on old raids and since arenas are ruling now, no sense of doing old raids.)
-New spec for each class (I was totally mind blown from the hunter class since I love hunters, they are freaking awesome man a BOW! and did u see the part where 3 guys jumped off the platform and the hunter sniped one of them?!?! AWESOME!)
-More strikes it seem since the trailer showed a lot of 3man team or maybe 3man teaming story? lol (still awesome since I love Destiny's lore)
-AND the most awesome of all! Hives have taken and control Vexs, Fallens, and Cabals. I mean DAMN! the trailer was showing tons of new and awesome boss fighting, new mechanics, and much more.

I will put my trust in Bungie for atleast til next year since Taken King will have my hopes up for a while and I want to trust bungie since its similar to wow. I want them to bring an epic story of the Cabals too since they haven't had a raid for Cabals yet since they "blow up planets" for getting in their ways, so I believe this will be another epic storyline and might be better :)

In truth I haven't gotten much time to play Destiny and been playing normal warcraft 3 frozen throne :) and I've been wanting to go back to WoW. I love WoW too, I'm an achiever on WoW. About 10k achievement during Wraft of The Lich King (got my Over 9000 achievement to prove :) it) but I haven't done much since I quit during Cata and came back during Pandaria and have only gotten to 12k or so and haven't played the lvl 100 yet which I kinda want to. Pandaria expansion was pretty good in my opinion but Cata wasn't so great since it did seem like a lot of people quit during this time including me (my home server Spinebreaker(pvp) totally went from full to low (totally sad) so I (being a total wow addict transferred to a new home in Bleedinghollow(pvp) and was doing great but then I quit... And.... sadly I never achieved one of my hunter's dream... taming Loque'nahak or all of the Spirit Beast (forever sad) countless hours of camping, killing alliances, trolling the chat, reporting auto farmers.... and no Loque'nahak... chance missed x7

Return to “Game Center!”