Anyone playing it?

tomwzhere

Re: The Secret World

Post by tomwzhere » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:58 pm

What's that?

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Its a new mmorpg that was just recently released.

Its pretty good, way different from any other mmo. Takes place in modern time; and is a mixture of horror and conspiracy themes.

If I had to say, think of it like Deus Ex meets Silent Hill. Anyways, it has quests like other mmos, but the quests are very intricate and have a lot of thought put into them.

Its crazy, the game has a built-in web browser, you use it like any normal web browser, but its specific use is to actually figure out puzzles. I did a quest yesterday where you have to find the password to a laptop in a van, and your only clue is a dead body of a guy that works for some company. So you look at the guy's nametag, learn his name, and get the website of the company he works for; then you open up the browser and actually go to the website (the website is a dummy that the developers of the game created) and look for information on the guy, and you find out his wife's name, and that's the guy's password. Its really crazy stuff. I love mysteries like that, and its really well done. That quest literally did it for me, and I am hooked.

Anyways, you fight zombies and monsters and stuff with guns, swords, fire axes, or you can use magic. I tend to use handgun and shotguns myself.

So if anyone is playing, feel free to look me up. Am playing on the RP server, my character's name is Evangelos (Evangelist was already taken, but I do plan on roflstomping the guy if I ever see him.)

RuLeS

Post by RuLeS » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:54 pm

is that a little girls game? Sam :lol:

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:21 pm

This game actually sounds quite fun! I might try it out soon!

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:14 am

Haha Rules I think those little girls will stick to WoW

But yeah its pretty good only drawback I can think of is there is a subscription fee.

Evangelist

Post by Evangelist » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:00 am

Did anyone happen to buy this game during the steam sale?

I've been playing this one semi non-stop (Had a 4 month break) since beta and launch, so if anyone has this game; hit me up. Am Illuminati, character's name is Evangelos.

Return to “Game Center!”