Very concerned

things that have nothing to do with cs!

BOOM- toe shot

Re: Very concerned

Post by BOOM- toe shot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:14 pm

lolcats, I hardly know you, and we seldom play a game for more than half an hour together. I don't know your name, I din't even know you were asian. With that said, although I may be a nigh stranger to you, it would sadden me a great deal to hear that you have passed from this world.

Life may feel overwhelming, you're one person amongst a populace of millions upon millions of human beings. You may find a time where you doubt yourself, your place in this world. Everyone at one point does, unfortunately. And the step you take from life to death may seem so trivial in your darkest hour, but dude, you have so many possibilities in this life. To squander all your opportunities - to collapse under this stress - I do not believe you will do it. You are stronger than that. I believe we, as people, are all stronger than our breaking points. I do not believe in god, nor the devil, but I believe in faith and I have it in you that you will surpass this life dilemma.

And these things that cause you stress, man, these things that you strive for, a lady, an education, a talent, they are not worth dying for. Drop it all, don't be afraid to start a new life. Because happiness can be found in any life, there is no use struggling to find it.

Just.. be.
BOOM- toe shot

Not the Face!

Post by Not the Face! » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:26 am

@lolcats

I'm very happy and glad that I have seen you in the servers. I hope things are going better. Will keep praying for you. I try not to talk "religion" because there are so many different beliefs. The big man up-stairs has a plan for all of us. Scripture says that He won't get us more then we can handle. I know things are hard, and it sometimes seems like there is too much. I've been there, I've made my mistakes. Now when I encounter difficult situations that seem to overload on top of me. I pray for wisdom and guidance.

I'm glad that you're still he with us buddy.

DyNaMiC

Post by DyNaMiC » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 am

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest

always here to talk if you need someone to talk to :)

lolcatslol

Post by lolcatslol » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:36 pm

thanks guys.
im not sure what to say, I'm just grateful for your support and advice.
:)

.:N!zZ:.:782:.

Post by .:N!zZ:.:782:. » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:21 pm

lolcatslol wrote:thanks guys.
im not sure what to say, I'm just grateful for your support and advice.
:)

you know im here if you need a helping hand ... cats.

-=Deadly_Dealer=-

Post by -=Deadly_Dealer=- » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:08 pm

I am glad you posted here and even more happy to find a community that really cares. As a healthcare professional and as a .40 cal family member, I can say that I will be here if you want to talk.

Sometimes things get really bad and you often slip into a "rut" of thinking that leads you into concluding "its better to end it all." Everyone has that moment, I certainly did. But I didn't give up, no matter how tough it got, I decided that I won't let others shape who I am and what I will become. My last 10 years were tough, it changed me as a person and challenged me to the core. I came out with a few conclusions I want to share with you:

1) Don't let others set your standards.
Parents (especially since I am Asian) has expectations and often we are afraid of disappointing them. But here is the secret, if they love you then they will learn to respect and be okay with whatever decisions you make. My own folks had to learn that the hard way and now, I get along great with them.

2) Be part of a community
Being part of a community of people that you like and like you is important. This clan is one such avenue where people actually talk and care about you. Another venue is a church, preferably a small one where people know you by name and will spend time with you, talk to you and give you honest advice. Community organizations such as a team help too.

3) Don't disconnect
No matter what happens, even if your first attempts at staying connected fails, dont disconnect. Disconnecting from social connections, friends, family or even everyday things like work or school has HUGE negative impacts. It makes it harder to overcome your hardships. So stay connected to networks that matter to you.

4) Be Active
Don't let fate, chance or other people dictate what happens to you or how it happens. Be a active participant. Think the best for yourself, do the best you can and let everything else rest in the hands of God/fate. Be comfortable with what you can do and do your best. The rest you can't change. So instead of worrying about a A+ on a exam, study and do your part then go take the exam. If you get a A+ then congratz, if not, dont worry about it. You did your best.

5) Life is not decided by what happens on paper
As much as grades and degrees matter, they don't matter much. Meaning, life is much more than just numbers, grades and degrees. Grades dont mark you as a success or failure. You can earn all the As in every class but still won't make it to a area in life where you enjoy peace, tranquility and success. Half the battle if your mental state - think positive and do your best. I have seen people with terrible grades make it in life (heck, I even did good but didn't have all the As)

6) Finally, be inspired!
People get inspiration from multiple sources. People read Bible to get inspirational passages, work on a art project, read/write books/poems or work on something that requires creativity. These are ways to stimulate yourself and find "values" in life that matter to you and won't compromise on.

Finally, wanted to leave you with this quote from Invictus poem by William Ernest Henley

"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul"

lolcatslol

Post by lolcatslol » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:47 pm

-=Deadly_Dealer=- wrote:I am glad you posted here and even more happy to find a community that really cares. As a healthcare professional and as a .40 cal family member, I can say that I will be here if you want to talk.

Sometimes things get really bad and you often slip into a "rut" of thinking that leads you into concluding "its better to end it all." Everyone has that moment, I certainly did. But I didn't give up, no matter how tough it got, I decided that I won't let others shape who I am and what I will become. My last 10 years were tough, it changed me as a person and challenged me to the core. I came out with a few conclusions I want to share with you:

1) Don't let others set your standards.
Parents (especially since I am Asian) has expectations and often we are afraid of disappointing them. But here is the secret, if they love you then they will learn to respect and be okay with whatever decisions you make. My own folks had to learn that the hard way and now, I get along great with them.

2) Be part of a community
Being part of a community of people that you like and like you is important. This clan is one such avenue where people actually talk and care about you. Another venue is a church, preferably a small one where people know you by name and will spend time with you, talk to you and give you honest advice. Community organizations such as a team help too.

3) Don't disconnect
No matter what happens, even if your first attempts at staying connected fails, dont disconnect. Disconnecting from social connections, friends, family or even everyday things like work or school has HUGE negative impacts. It makes it harder to overcome your hardships. So stay connected to networks that matter to you.

4) Be Active
Don't let fate, chance or other people dictate what happens to you or how it happens. Be a active participant. Think the best for yourself, do the best you can and let everything else rest in the hands of God/fate. Be comfortable with what you can do and do your best. The rest you can't change. So instead of worrying about a A+ on a exam, study and do your part then go take the exam. If you get a A+ then congratz, if not, dont worry about it. You did your best.

5) Life is not decided by what happens on paper
As much as grades and degrees matter, they don't matter much. Meaning, life is much more than just numbers, grades and degrees. Grades dont mark you as a success or failure. You can earn all the As in every class but still won't make it to a area in life where you enjoy peace, tranquility and success. Half the battle if your mental state - think positive and do your best. I have seen people with terrible grades make it in life (heck, I even did good but didn't have all the As)

6) Finally, be inspired!
People get inspiration from multiple sources. People read Bible to get inspirational passages, work on a art project, read/write books/poems or work on something that requires creativity. These are ways to stimulate yourself and find "values" in life that matter to you and won't compromise on.

Finally, wanted to leave you with this quote from Invictus poem by William Ernest Henley

"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul"
thank you for your 6 pieces of advice you gave me, i'll definitely keep those in mind.

Return to “Other stuff!”