easy(and secure) way to remember passwords.

things that have nothing to do with cs!

PeppeJones

easy(and secure) way to remember passwords.

Post by PeppeJones » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:03 pm

rather than writing them down on paper(and losing it) or saving them to a text file(not secure) i have a .jpg that i open in mspaint and add text to the image of whatever account im saving so i can just open the picture and the info is there. the pw information is stored as image data and not in plain text on your computer so its much safer than that passwords.txt on you're desktop. Just a thought for absent minded people like me.

CaptainJamesTKirk

Re: easy(and secure) way to remember passwords.

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:06 am

Thx i always forget my password.

Punisher*Ltr

Re: easy(and secure) way to remember passwords.

Post by Punisher*Ltr » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:48 am

PeppeJones wrote:rather than writing them down on paper(and losing it) or saving them to a text file(not secure) i have a .jpg that i open in mspaint and add text to the image of whatever account im saving so i can just open the picture and the info is there. the pw information is stored as image data and not in plain text on your computer so its much safer than that passwords.txt on you're desktop. Just a thought for absent minded people like me.

Although I do like your idea, it is not hacker proof, keep in mind if your pc will get hacked or you deal with a nasty trojan most likely your pictures would be second on the list to go as the hacker might think it contains pr0n or other valuable objects.
The way I recommend is to create an excel/word file with all your password and password protect that excel or word file. Call that file "vegan recipes" or "Christmas guest list". You will now have to remember only one single password to open the vault to all passwords. And please do not use "password" "Password1" "Secure" "123456.." as any of your passwords.

Return to “Other stuff!”