Need Help!

things that have nothing to do with cs!

Lucky

Need Help!

Post by Lucky » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:51 am

For some reason when I go into game for cs, at the lobby screen I have lik 80~fps and when I get into servers with the motd up, I have like 60~fps with 30~ping but when I press tab, or actually join a team and my screen is at the map, I drop to 9~fps and my ping goes to 100+, I tried restarting cs and steam, letting my laptop cool down and neither of those work. Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening? Or help me fix it?

Not the Face!

Re: Need Help!

Post by Not the Face! » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:11 pm

When was the last time you've updated your drivers?

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I don't know jack squat about computers :P.

DotA

Post by DotA » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Probably windows throwing in random updates that conflict with other drivers on your computer. I just fixed a computer that had this problem, but it was the sound drivers. It seems windows downloaded probably a GPU auto-update like it does all the time, and is messing with your system. I'd either try to do a system restore, about 3-4 days ago, or go through the registry and check everything out. Also, go into event calender, should be somewhere in control panel, or you can google how to get to it. Not sure if you have Windows 7/8, xp or even another OS, but try that. That'll tell you all errors with your computer and give you a generated error code in which you can give me, or just google lol. But if it just started happening out of the blue, I can guarantee its drivers fighting each other. let me know.

Also, side note, run a virus scan, and post the results to me in PM, or in forums. Could have a trojan or rootkit backdoor programs. I would suggest using Mbar, followed by CCcleaner for clean up and for registry clean up. Also can system restore and delete unwanted programs there with ease :)

*Edit*
Also, try these cvars first; (type those into the console screen)
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101
rate 20000
max_fps 101

If none of this works, we can try to disable MMCSS, which is the multimedia class scheduler service. We can also tweak it out in registry so it'll all be configured, and not only for CS lag issues and latency spikes. Let me know what you want to do lol. I'd try with Mbar and check virus and so on, before I go frankenstein on your registry settings lol
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Like a Sir DOTA

DotA

Post by DotA » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Update: sounds stupid, but do you have wireless or wired internet? And if you have wireless is your password constantly changed? And who else uses the internet? Somebody in your family could of newly discovered bit torrents or IRC lol. Could be tons of traffic running through your net.

Not the Face!

Post by Not the Face! » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Since we are on the topic of needing help.. I have been having issues lately with my laptop not responding. It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing, playing cs, LoL, a MUD, even when online, my computer will "stop responding" and turn white. Some of you may have seen this, where I'll be playing and then just leave and reconnect.. The consol window shows that I "timed out" of the game when I know its just not responding. I've ran updates to everything I use, including my video player. I have ran both of my anti-virus and malware software and they both come up clean. Any ideas?

Mr. Spock

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Thank you DotA, I accidentally installed this thing that was like mandatory to watch a video I saw on facebook kinda like a videoplayer thing and it installed a toolbar at the top of my google chrome as well and I got rid of that stuff but I think that's what caused this lag to happen.

DotA

Post by DotA » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Glad to hear your comp is running faster Lucky! Stop d/l pr0n!

And Mr. Spock, how long has this white screen been happeing and does all computer functions freeze? and when it freezes, do you have to restart your computer, or its just a minor flash of white and then the computer responds? Do you get sound at all, or does your computer make sounds when you try to use the keyboard? or are those functions ok as far as mouse movement and keyboard. Next, can you ctrl+alt+del? if you can, please tell me which function is taking up the most CPU% and memory %. its probably in your Service Host something like Service Host(Network Restricted 8-12) anything under 8 is usually normal, but when you see those 8-12 next to that, you're running something that is literally frying your computer lol. But give me some feedback, and also post your computer info so I know what I am working with. My computer > Right click > properties. I really only care about the RAM and CPU speed. and if you can, post your GPU card if you have one. If its On board, let me know.

PeppeJones

Post by PeppeJones » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:12 am

I agree if u guys stop the p0rn pc problems will be much less frequent. lol

Return to “Other stuff!”