I actually have a complaint

got a problem? lets hear it!

ladyToOLs

Re: I actually have a complaint

Post by ladyToOLs » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:42 am

PLEASE don't remove that option for 1 and 2 stars. There have been multiple times the map rotation is only fy maps and it kills the servers and having the ability to change to dust or aztec really repopulates it. Please please please don't change that. Sorry you've had a couple times of bad maps, Dougie, but I've only ever seen that done to gain players and every time it has worked.

Dante

Post by Dante » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:45 am

Probally need to install rock the vote.
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:11 pm

I have made that suggestion of rock the vote before but can't remember what was the reason for not wanting to put it

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:34 pm

Dead Man wrote:I have made that suggestion of rock the vote before but can't remember what was the reason for not wanting to put it
rocking it too early and maps changing becuase of if :P
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Dead Man

Post by Dead Man » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:36 pm

MarioBros wrote:
Dead Man wrote:I have made that suggestion of rock the vote before but can't remember what was the reason for not wanting to put it
rocking it too early and maps changing becuase of if :P
Their are settings that help deal with those two situations.
The plugin can be set to only be able to RTV after 1,2,3,4,5 Etc minutes.
The plugin can also be set to only change map if 20%,40%, 75% Etc Percentage of people vote yes.

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 pm

RTV can help in a lot of situations, and as deadman said, the settings involved in it can make it a very useful tool. A couple servers I've played at had it, one had settings so it made it too easy to rtv, and TrB, well I only ever saw ppl rtv and have it work 2-3 times personally.

Dust

Post by Dust » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:02 am

I'd love to see rockthevote enabled. Personally I would think at least 10 minutes into the map would be a good time to being able to start it.

Also, what about nominating maps? We have so many cool maps that never get any use because they aren't in the normal rotation. I think both of these options would be a great add!

MRKITTLES

Post by MRKITTLES » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:15 am

Dust wrote:I'd love to see rockthevote enabled. Personally I would think at least 10 minutes into the map would be a good time to being able to start it.

Also, what about nominating maps? We have so many cool maps that never get any use because they aren't in the normal rotation. I think both of these options would be a great add!
i agree with dust... I've been playing on the server for about 2 months now and get tired of the same maps over and over.. i know its kinda beating a dead horse but rock the vote 10 min into the map would be a great idea! or at least map nominations. that way its not the same old stuff over and over
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win. -Sun Tzu

KITTLES!

AA27 HAWK

Post by AA27 HAWK » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:06 pm

The problem with RTV is that got abused by a lot of people and Sammy was not really happy about it. Then people started complaining about RTV being used too much and he took it out. Probably a new rotation of maps would be great and as soon as the boss has time he will change it.

rip - "By day, he's Hawk. Mild mannered rank bait. Come darkness, he transforms in to Hawk, the dark lord of the ban (and still rank bait.)" :lol:

kal_el.ca

Post by kal_el.ca » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:51 pm

I can understand both sides of RTV but I think having map nominations would be a great idea. At least then players would get a say on what maps are coming up instead of the same 15-20 maps (majority of those being the same 7-8 maps) That way nobody is abusing RTV and I think both sides could walk away happy.

Return to “Admin Abuse/Injustice!”