Name changing?

got a problem? lets hear it!

Honey Badger

Re: Name changing?

Post by Honey Badger » Thu May 07, 2015 7:55 am

Yesterday, you called me out for owning too hard.

You said "Honey badger plays for honey badger to have fun" and that instead "honey badger should play for everyone to have fun".

So, as per your suggestion, I rejoin when my kill-death ratio is high.

But how is this "everyone having fun" and not just "glazed having fun"?

Edit: don't know why this double-posted

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Thu May 07, 2015 8:10 am

Again im sorry i told you i was giving you a hard time because you constantly clear house. I never said i was doing an investigation. I said i was undercover. This consists of a member being in the server without his tag and it is something expected of consiglieres and generals aswell. I have gathered you are upset and applogized and hopefully you can have a better time from here forward.
GlazeD

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Thu May 07, 2015 8:15 am

It only took a dozen back and forth forum posts for you to get the point.

Even still, I don't think you get it. You only apologized AFTER i reported you here. In game you just continued to mock me.

It wouldn't have bothered me so much if you would have just changed my name back when I asked. I would have had a laugh and kept on playing.

But the fact is, you are using your admin abilities for you to have 'fun' at the expense of other people. Maybe I am the only one you do this with... Maybe.

You hid behind your incognito admin status. Then you left and changed your name from "Lil Bo Peep" to "No Swear (1)" - you probably didn't think I grabbed your Steam ID both times.

And you do this with regularity - which you state is your "right" as an admin.

Certainly, going undercover is entirely reasonable. But your actions therein? IMO, unacceptable.

I adjust my playing style per your specific advice after asking you earlier what I can do to make the server more fun for other people.

And this is how I get treated in return.

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Thu May 07, 2015 9:12 am

Well this looks totally ridiculous :lol:
First let me say Badger is someone i gone undercover for a few times, just to see that on occasions he drops performance, not only at .40cal :idea:
The problem is he makes a hard time for casual players = they just raging out :arrow:
Back to the point, did you really ask him to stop, because if you didn't make a clear point u just didn't ask him to stop :geek:
Glazed probably didn't get the point because of the posts, they didn't give any info (spam :P )
Think he did what he did to show you how ppl feel frustrated (because of a lil honey badger) :mrgreen:
Div's daily tip is "if u want respect, don't edit you're opening post" :ugeek:
Maybe it doesn't have much changed this time, but i don't remember it all after a whole day :roll:
It will be awfully nice if Honey Badger tells us what he wants, if its not about the name change - because my crystal ball seems to be somehow broken :oops:
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Thu May 07, 2015 9:53 am

DIvech wrote:Well this looks totally ridiculous :lol:
Agreed lol
DIvech wrote: First let me say Badger is someone i gone undercover for a few times, just to see that on occasions he drops performance, not only at .40cal :idea:
Thank you.

I take it as a compliment whenever someone specs me, undercover or not.

I have my good days, and bad ones too. I've died more times than most people have killed; which is why I think I can perform as well as I do at times. Plus, I've been playing CS longer than some other players have been alive.
DIvech wrote: Back to the point, did you really ask him to stop, because if you didn't make a clear point u just didn't ask him to stop :geek:
Yes.

I asked him in game to please change my name back.

He refused.

When I asked again, seriously, he said he can change my name as much as he wants because he is an admin - all while refusing to identify himself.
DIvech wrote: The problem is he makes a hard time for casual players = they just raging out :arrow:
Which is why I have adjusted my play style - then again, there are also the regular players who have professed a love for playing against me and go so far as to change teams whenever PTB moves me.

And I feel the same - there is nothing I love more than when the server has a number of highly skilled players to play against where I have to work hard to keep a positive score.

Imagine how fast the servers would clear if I rolled a high level troll with scepter or shadow hunter and use a mole? Or if I played Warden and got a respawn every round. Or if I bought back in the middle of a round to actually disrupt the outcome of the match, or when someone is already sorely outnumbered as I've seen others do so many times.

Bottom line, there are a lot of strategies that I don't use that I see others on 40 cal utilize that would make it even less fun for other players; my point here is that I am cognizant of these things - here I am pointing out something making this game not fun for me, and Glazed just seems to want to say "lol jk" and call it a day.
DIvech wrote: Glazed probably didn't get the point because of the posts, they didn't give any info (spam :P )
Think he did what he did to show you how ppl feel frustrated (because of a lil honey badger) :mrgreen:
I don't know why he did it - he claims to have some sort of executive privilege security justification for his undercover investigatory work that he doesn't need to share with the likes of me.
DIvech wrote: Div's daily tip is "if u want respect, don't edit you're opening post" :ugeek:
Maybe it doesn't have much changed this time, but i don't remember it all after a whole day :roll:
lol ok i triple checked to make sure nobody had responded before i updated my OP for clarity :D
DIvech wrote: It will be awfully nice if Honey Badger tells us what he wants, if its not about the name change - because my crystal ball seems to be somehow broken :oops:
What do I want? I want to know if I should expect that playing on the 40 cal servers means admins will be in there incognito/undercover without a 40 cal tag, without their *'s, and will be using their admin privileges to mess with me in game without identifying themselves when asked who they are?

Since I don't know and (according to Glazed) I'm not allowed to know what the actual ADMIN rules are (not just the general gaming rules, but the rules for the use of admin abilities) I can only just complain about what makes the game less fun for me and hope that somebody takes some corrective action where appropriate.

After all, I've adjusted my play style based on requests to make the game more fun for others.

I, too, just want to have fun on the server. But this is the second time Glazed has been a total buzzkill via admin abilities "use".

And I'm not looking forward to what will probably be a third time.

DIvech

Post by DIvech » Thu May 07, 2015 11:53 am

This is like trying to get a wall to its senses by smashing you're head against it, but im stubborn :lol:
I said this before -How Admins execute the rules shouldn't be our concern :arrow:
Speccin ppl is something i do, ur not special in any way :idea:
Honey Badger wrote:I asked him in game to please change my name back.

He refused.
No Admin that i know, would even consider such request, so you after all you didn't ask him to stop changing it, just the opposite :arrow:
Honey Badger wrote:I can only just complain about what makes the game less fun for me and hope that somebody takes some corrective action where appropriate.
complain = cry :mrgreen:
In my vision the only action that could take effect is to terminate 1 of you 2, and guess who is making the server empty and who is looking after it :roll:

P.S. I hope this will make the Badger think about this situation and finally realize that he is not alone on .40cal servers and maybe he will be a better man in the future :idea:
"Now the sky is trembling and the moon is pale
We're on the edge of forever and we're never gonna fail..."
"The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties."

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Thu May 07, 2015 12:26 pm

DIvech wrote: No Admin that i know, would even consider such request, so you after all you didn't ask him to stop changing it, just the opposite :arrow:
Maybe what happened wasn't clear - I can be a bit wordy:

I was in the server as Honey Badger.
Glazed (undercover as "Lil Bo Peep") changed my name to "horney badger"
(Glazed also changed his own name from Lil Bo Peep to Honey Badger)
i can't change my name back to Honey Badger.
i ask him to change it back, he refuses. and won't tell me who he really is.

It just wasn't cool.

That was all. :?

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Thu May 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Agreed so lets move forward from here life is too short to dwell and i wont antogonize you further regardless of your standing xox.
GlazeD

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Thu May 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Glazed wrote:Agreed so lets move forward from here life is too short to dwell and i wont antogonize you further regardless of your standing xox.

...you're so perma-targeted. :P

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Thu May 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Glazed wrote:Agreed so lets move forward from here life is too short to dwell and i wont antogonize you further regardless of your standing xox.
Antagonize is exactly how I'd put it - because the servers feel like a good, wholesome place and this didn't jive with that feeling.

And thank you for your apology.

If I've unduly bothered you, or anyone else, in my approach to this subject, or reaction thereto, for that I am sorry.

Return to “Admin Abuse/Injustice!”