got a problem? lets hear it!

sanfordslostson

-[.40cal ]- maverick ** kick abuse

Post by sanfordslostson » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:56 pm

In Game Name: [McD]HAMBURGLAR
Admins on Site: -[.40cal ]- maverick **
Date/Time: 01/02/2014 1:30 PM PST
Server/Map:
Time was approximately 1:30 PST I forget the name of the map (when it rolls around again I'll update). Maverick gave me a "last warning" I must have missed previous warnings? I'm assuming for using the word nAgger. I addressed him specifically and typed really dude for using nagger? He then kicked me even as I was trying to discuss it with him. I then got back in the server and asked where I could report him. After asking twice I was able to come here and report it. For the record nagger is not a filthy word if that is even what the issue is. "Get the naggers off the catwalk." "Get the naggers off the roof". These are not inappropriate phrases. I find people that camp those areas very nagging. Then to have an admin kick someone when trying to discuss it is abuse in my opinion. I still don't know what the issue is. I will attempt to discuss it with Maverick after posting this.
There were several other people while this admin was on that were speaking on headsets using offensive language. Maverick did nothing about these people. Accountability should be across the board and fair. Kicking for using language that isn't offensive is abuse. Kicking someone when trying to clear up what the problem is also is abusive. I suggest Maverick be fair across the board and calm down when someone is trying to figure out what the problem is. I hope this is the last issue with maverick I have but will report further instances.
approximately 2:00 On a different map (I'll post it if I figure it out) I let Maverick know I had reported him and if he wanted to discuss it like an adult I was open to that. He said sounds good. I changed my name to Nagger after listening to swearing over headsets that Maverick did nothing about. He warned me typing N**ger change your name. I explained to him again that Nagger isn't an inappropriate word and told him I was reporting him again. I also told him to look up the word in the dictionary. I feel Maverick is going to be abusive toward me in the future and I will continue to report him.

CaptainJamesTKirk

Re: -[.40cal ]- maverick ** kick abuse

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:20 pm

So from what you said this is what I gather:
You were going around the filter trying to be funny. So you were warned about it. Then you were kicked?

You refused to listen to a simple request made by our admin and kept him from kicking people that should have been kicked but he was busy trying to get you to change your name and stop going around the filter and being "funny". Were the people on catwalk and the roof nagging?

Do you have a demo of the abuse or any evidence that supports the fact that you were abused for simply not changing your name and not saying something?

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Most of what sanfordslostson said is accurate, which I appreciate. This comes down to 2 things: one, we run a clean server and try to keep people from making negative, rude, or racist comments. We even discourage trash talking! In my opinion, the use of the word "nagger" was meant to be racist and should be treated as such. I warned him 3 times before I kicked him. Two, when he then came back into the server and changed his name to Nagger, so I kicked him again. He was obviously trying to be confrontational and disrespectful of the admins, me in particular, on the server. (FYI, I even gave him the forum web address to "report" me as I wanted this to be public.)

I try to be an equal opportunity rule enforcer and uphold the high standards of our great servers. I apologize if didn't hear the swearing that was taking place over the mics. I had my speakers off as my son was sleeping. I hope we can continue to game in a hate-free and racist-free environment. THAT'S what makes 40cal great!

CaptainJamesTKirk

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Sounds like a closed case to me. Anything you wish to add Mr. Hamburgler??

sanfordslostson

Post by sanfordslostson » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:08 pm

CaptainJamesTKirk wrote:So from what you said this is what I gather:
You were going around the filter trying to be funny. So you were warned about it. Then you were kicked?

You refused to listen to a simple request made by our admin and kept him from kicking people that should have been kicked but he was busy trying to get you to change your name and stop going around the filter and being "funny". Were the people on catwalk and the roof nagging?

Do you have a demo of the abuse or any evidence that supports the fact that you were abused for simply not changing your name and not saying something?
I wasn't trying to go around the filter trying to be funny. The words I chose weren't intended to be racist. I have been using phrases involving the words nagger, nagging, nagged etc. for a long time without any previous concern. I was warned and responded to the warning by asking if I was being warned for using the word nagger. I was kicked while trying to find out what I was being kicked for. I didn't refuse to listen to a simple request made by your admin. I immediately responded to it trying to find out what I was being kicked for.

Yes the people on the catwalk and roof are nagging when they repeatedly kill you at spawn. I'm sure you've experienced this yourself or may even take advantage of this position on the map. I think it's the "valley" map. I can use different language and that isn't a problem. My concern is that after playing for 10 years now or more? that admins can be abusive. I wanted to nip it in the bud and report that Maverick had kicked me when I was asking what I was being kicked for. I will continue to report him and any other admins that are abusive if I continue to experience it. If you take a deep breath and look at everything without prejudging I think you'll realize that I did respect the admins request and was trying to figure out what the problem was by asking what the admins concern was. From my point of view Maverick was over reacting by kicking me when I asked if the concern was the word nagger.

In reading your response to my post I feel everything is getting blown out of proportion. In the words that you typed I get the feeling that you view me as some sort of problem maker or instigator. You even claimed I "kept him from kicking people that should have been kicked but he was busy trying to get you to change your name and stop going around the filter and being "funny"." Come to find out by his own admission he had his speakers off...How do you think this makes you look having made that statement about me? How do you think your response has made me feel as a player on the server? I had hoped that my post would have been encouraged to resolve my issues with feeling abused by your admin on your server. In my opinion I felt it was a positive way to get everything resolved so that I could continue to play on the 40 cal servers without feeling abused by the admins.

CaptainJamesTKirk

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:51 pm

*Takes a deep breath*
Here is the definition of nagging so you can see since apparently you don't know what it means.

nag 1 (ng)
v. nagged, nag·ging, nags
v.tr.
1. To annoy by constant scolding, complaining, or urging.
2. To torment persistently, as with anxiety or pain.
v.intr.

I don't see anywhere that it says for someone to kill you over and over in spawn. Nagging is when they constantly pester you about something. So unless they were complaining about killing you so much then it wouldn't be considered nagging. Usually when people say get them naggers they are trying to be funny and go around our filter. Seeing as how they weren't nagging one would have to assume you were being trying to be funny and go around the filter.

As far as him kicking you when you asked why you were kicked. Do you have evidence of this taking place?

You say you followed the admins instructions to stop saying nagger and your not instigating anything and yet you changed your name to it?

You did keep him busy because instead of informing him of "the people cussing on the mics" you kept the whole situation going about then "naggers". So I stick by my statement and don't really care how you feel about my statement because it in my eyes is the truth. Why didn't you just say "Okay I'll stop but would you tell the people to quit cussing on the mic"

You weren't abused because as you said you kept on about it and didn't simply stop saying it and not change your name to it. We do not tolerate racism here and like Yogi are smarter than the average bear and can tell when someone is trying to be funny and knows the definition of nagger.

It is a positive way to get things out when someone actually abuses you.

Anything else before I make my ruling on this abuse case?

sanfordslostson

Post by sanfordslostson » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:10 pm

2. To torment persistently, as with anxiety or pain.
v.intr.
Spawn killing when you zone in via the catwalk and roof fits the bill in my opinion and is exactly what I was referring to. You seem to just continually attempt to insult me and make claims that things are my fault that aren't so I'm pretty much done trying to reason with someone unreasonable. I had hoped things would have been more civil when voicing concerns in the forums. I'm pretty sure this is why admins take advantage of knowing that players concerns won't be addressed. It has been a complete waste of my time and prompted further attempted insults by yourself.

CaptainJamesTKirk

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Alrighty then. So with no evidence presented and lack of witnesses. The court rules in favor of Maverick and this topic will be locked. Thank you for your time and next time please bring some evidence.

Return to “Admin Abuse/Injustice!”