All seeing eye suggestion

speak and you will be heard!

Cat

All seeing eye suggestion

Post by Cat » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 pm

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a permanent "HLTV Proxy" or "All-Seeing Eye" in all servers in order to better catch hackers. Instead of admins or players having to go into spec and scaring off hackers, if there is a permanent player/bot in spec mode that players/admins could connect to, getting demos of hackers would be much easier. Having personally got a demo of a hacker that would only use his hacks until the first person was killed in a round, it was time-consuming to get him to start using his hacks again once I went into spec ... had to pretend to go afk and wait until the map changed and still be in spec to get him to relax enough to toggle his hacks on again. I do realize that this undermines the system of only 4*+ being able to go undercover, but if it was made available to even non-admins, it would help to police the servers even where there are no admins on.
Last edited by Cat on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomwzhere

Re: All seeing eye suggestion

Post by tomwzhere » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Oooh i never thought of that before, but i agree. That way a hacker can't tell if an admin is in game or not and also the potty mouths that stop when admins come in can get caught too!

xellas84

Post by xellas84 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:51 pm

I'm all for it, so long as the person using the eye doesn't have any sort of direct admin privs (Unless they are 4star of course). That way the 4star undercover restriction is still intact, as the lower level admins would have to come in on their main name to take action.

Tsumachi

Post by Tsumachi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:43 am

Anything that could help us keep the servers clean gets a big thumbs up from me. I think it would certainly discourage people from hacking if they were never able to determine whether or not someone was watching.
VIP | Bb3gyXaPa: Stop jumping around
VIP | Bb3gyXaPa: This is a battlefield.

DyNaMiC

Post by DyNaMiC » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 am

couldnt agree more

Prod1gy

Post by Prod1gy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Sounds like a great idea, but then again I have no idea how these things work.

Also, wouldn't it require some sort of massive storage device?
A little respect and kindness can go a long way.

Cat

Post by Cat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:58 pm

It would be the same as the HLTV Proxy on the Scrim server.

ReloadSyndrome

Post by ReloadSyndrome » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:04 am

I also like this idea very much. It is hard sometimes to catch hackers who see admins in spec. I have also been in cat's situation and had to wait for 2 whole maps before the person turned the hacks back on.

The sad thing is that some of these hackers have been playing on the servers for a while and know that we are vigilant about catching hackers. So as soon as we go spec or connect to the server they will turn them off.

Poody

Post by Poody » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Exactly... People aren't stupid, I'm sure that hackers would go to all lengths to avoid being caught... like using their hacks when admins are alive and playing but as soon as they die turn them off... I think a perminant spec with a 40 cal tag would discourage hackers hugely... like we all know it is very difficult to catch hackers.. it can not only take 1-2 maps but even days of watching a specific person to be completely sure. I agree with everyone.. two thumbs up on the idea!!! :D
Come and Idle in our IRC and show your support!
[.40 cal ]- Poody **

Return to “Suggestion booth!”