It's time to choose

speak and you will be heard!

Bb3gyXaPa

Re: It's time to choose

Post by Bb3gyXaPa » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Alpha wrote:
Bb3gyXaPa wrote:Well, if the plugin can be set that a map that's already played ... can be played after 4-5 other maps ... dust won't be an option in the choosing. That way, d2 won't be playable every other map, right?
How many maps are there exactly on rotation at the moment?
You can try that, if there's more then 7-10 on rotation, but I seriously doubt it.

I'll say +3 on this, if you can modify a plugin to do this...
That's the point. Modification, so it would be suitable to 40cal style.
Image Image
The object is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his!

highroller

Post by highroller » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:54 pm

BB has a good solution, I agree with this if that can be implemented. Make it so that you can't get the same map until you play 5 OTHER maps. Players want to play their maps, and I half agree with rtv, there are some maps that player just... don't..... want.... to.... play.... and there's a high majority of that sometimes, especially late nights. So if there was a way to implement that also, it could make it even better. Maybe 10 min on rtv, 20 for the next map?

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:58 pm

You guys do realize how many of these suggestions have been asked before right? I can remember reading at least 3 or 4 of them on our old forums.

Sammy likes the rotation. It works.
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

Goth_

Post by Goth_ » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:05 am

We understand that it works and he likes it, but you also have to take in account the people who play.

Maybe not all of em like the rotation, hell I myself hate it sometimes, cause it's almost always dust and aztec, with one different map.

I know sammy's the owner and all, but he doesn't even play, so I don't find that to fair to use him as an excuse. =/
G [O] t h_ Image
I gotta choke chain, ch ch choke chain, I gotta shock collar, sh sh shock collarrrr...

Rockjock

Post by Rockjock » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Not only has the idea been suggested, its been implemented in the past. While I agree that it can be a fun mod to have, it gets abused way too often, and causes arguments between players, when some want one map, others don't like it, so they leave the server, etc. If the map rotation is set, then they cant blame other players for it.

Also, lets be honest here; the admins seem to complain more about the map rotation then the players. If you're tired of the map rotation in a server, change servers; you are supposed to admin all servers anyways.

While a regular player may find the rotation boring (I for one, hate Aztec) the server map rotation is the way it is for a reason.

The reason the map rotation is what it is, has nothing to do with Sammy's preferences. The reason it's set how it is, is because that the maps on the server are the MOST POPULAR maps in CS overall. It's done this way for Search purposes; these are the most commonly Searched maps among people with a map preference. Making us easier to find in search, brings more new players into the servers, the forums, and the clan.

Goth_

Post by Goth_ » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:48 pm

apparently i was wrong in my post earlier :roll:

it was taken the wrong way, but w/e.

what i mean is: you have to take into consideration the people who play the maps, it does get a tad boring the same thing over and over.
G [O] t h_ Image
I gotta choke chain, ch ch choke chain, I gotta shock collar, sh sh shock collarrrr...

Bb3gyXaPa

Post by Bb3gyXaPa » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Rockjock wrote:Not only has the idea been suggested, its been implemented in the past. While I agree that it can be a fun mod to have, it gets abused way too often, and causes arguments between players, when some want one map, others don't like it, so they leave the server, etc. If the map rotation is set, then they cant blame other players for it.

Also, let's be honest here; the admins seem to complain more about the map rotation then the players. If you're tired of the map rotation in a server, change servers; you are supposed to admin all servers anyways.

While a regular player may find the rotation boring (I for one, hate Aztec) the server map rotation is the way it is for a reason.

The reason the map rotation is what it is, has nothing to do with Sammy's preferences. The reason it's set how it is, is because that the maps on the server are the MOST POPULAR maps in CS overall. It's done this way for Search purposes; these are the most commonly Searched maps among people with a map preference. Making us easier to find in search, brings more new players into the servers, the forums, and the clan.
First of all, this is a suggestion booth and every one can make a suggestion to make 40cal servers and playtime more fun and enjoyable. It's not about admins complaining. I've been experiencing something that happened that made me suggest especially this. 10 people were T's and 10 people were CT's and when the map changed, 3-4 people asked me to change the map and I said that I can't. Then I blinked a couple of times and looked ... 5 people were T's and 5 or 6 CT's. In addition, 90% of the new players don't even bother to register in the forum to suggest something they don't like/approve of the server ... they just join another server. Also, I do admin all the servers and I look witch server does not have admin and I join it because people tend to not follow the rules when there's no admin. So, you are against my suggestion. Good to know.
Image Image
The object is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his!

Prepared

Post by Prepared » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:15 am

All of your suggestions can be solved with one mod. Rock the vote. There are options to customize when it becomes available, how many players are required to rock it, you can restrict the last (x) maps played, you can set the maps that pop up for a vote, you can allow or disallow the nomination function, its all there. As BB stated, most of the players don't bother registering, or if they do, they don't post. Realistically, even if it was a regular player posting his opinion, would any of your replies have been different? Probably not, so then the player feels like he just got his foot shoved in his mouth by a few admins and hey, why bother anymore? At least with admins posting, they know where they stand in the community, and are apart of it, and feel that a change or suggestion that they have is legitimate, will actually post. If anything, you should be thanking the admins for posting, in most instances, especially with regard to this suggestion, I KNOW a lot of people feel this way.

If Sammy enjoys the rotation show up, take the rotation, apply it to RTV, and done. Customize is so the same three maps aren't played over and over again, but also allow voting for the upcoming, so yeah, 70% of us want dust2, but since we can't have it, we'd all rather go d240cal than inferno40cal or whatever.

The suggestion is very legitimate, there is a huge part of the general population which supports this, and with regard to play another server while the maps are on you don't like, almost all the servers have the same exact rotation, or its quite similar, so the odds that the other servers have the same bad maps you're already trying to avoid have jumped significantly.

Thanks

Return to “Suggestion booth!”