Sound Suggestion

speak and you will be heard!

Bb3gyXaPa

Sound Suggestion

Post by Bb3gyXaPa » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Recently, I played on server that has some cool sounds. For example, when you kill someone with head shot, the sound says "Headshot". When you kill three times in a row it says "Multi kill" and so on. There is killing spree, unstoppable, godlike, etc. If you can add them to every server it would be very cool.
Image Image
The object is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his!

Belcross

Re: Sound Suggestion

Post by Belcross » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:05 pm

You're talking about the quake sounds right?

Bb3gyXaPa

Post by Bb3gyXaPa » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm not familiar with the quake sounds. When you kill people it said headshot, multykill, killing spree, unstopable, godlike and make you more hyper to play and its more fun.
Image Image
The object is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his!

TSLOW

Post by TSLOW » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:14 pm

Bb3gyXaPa wrote:Recently, I played on server that has some cool sounds. For example, when you kill someone with head shot, the sound says "Headshot". When you kill three times in a row it says "Multi kill" and so on. There is killing spree, unstoppable, godlike, etc. If you can add them to every server it would be very cool.
It sounds like a good suggestion now,but when
you get tired of the annoying *headshot*,*multi kill*,Etc.

You'll wonder why you thought it was a good idea... :o :shock:
Personally i dont like it,thinking of the fact that people
will use their mic's and mimic the sounds over and over. :roll:

It just gets annoying.
Ven: if you want to dl it
Ven: i have a 10 day pass
TSLOW ***: I'm bad as it is
TSLOW ***: no point in trying at something I know i fail at
Ven: thats not true
Ven: you still play cs =X
TSLOW ***: LOL!

Rockjock

Post by Rockjock » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:33 pm

This AMXX plugin is called Ultimate_Sounds.

Not only does it get annoying over time, the main reason it is not used here is due to the fact that one of the sounds is HOLY S**T!!!! which is a violation of the server's non swearing policies.

It was tried and pulled several years ago. Sorry!

Bb3gyXaPa

Post by Bb3gyXaPa » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Rockjock wrote:This AMXX plugin is called Ultimate_Sounds.

Not only does it get annoying over time, the main reason it is not used here is due to the fact that one of the sounds is HOLY S**T!!!! which is a violation of the server's non swearing policies.

That's only one sound. It can be removed or corrected. If you think this is a violation ... what about the hostages that say something like "Let's get the h**l out of here". That's also a violation but you don't hear people obsessing over this sound. Am I right?
Image Image

Belcross

Post by Belcross » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Try #7

TSLOW

Post by TSLOW » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:57 pm

Bb3gyXaPa wrote:

That's only one sound. It can be removed or corrected. If you think this is a violation ... what about the hostages that say something like "Let's get the h**l out of here". That's also a violation but you don't hear people obsessing over this sound. Am I right?
Actually,I dont remember not being allowed to say hell in the server.

Example. WTH.
Plus hell is not as demeaning as the word Holy S***

Anyways If it was bad,I think we wouldnt have hostie maps for that reason. :lol: :?
Ven: if you want to dl it
Ven: i have a 10 day pass
TSLOW ***: I'm bad as it is
TSLOW ***: no point in trying at something I know i fail at
Ven: thats not true
Ven: you still play cs =X
TSLOW ***: LOL!

Belcross

Post by Belcross » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 pm

TSLOW wrote:
Bb3gyXaPa wrote:

Actually,I dont remember not being allowed to say hell in the server.

Example. WTH.
Plus hell is not as demeaning as the word Holy S***

Anyways If it was bad,I think we wouldnt have hostie maps for that reason. :lol: :?
Hell is allowed, so is crap...

As for the holy **** sound, I did not load it in the server and the announcement will only show "HOLY CRAP!" on the screen
This plugin is different than the older ones, it plays the sounds for each person individually, not for everyone as far as I've tested it...

Rockjock

Post by Rockjock » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:16 am

The Holy S*** sound cannot be removed from the plugin using AMXX mod editor, to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps there has been an updated version since I got mine.

I tried to weasel it out when I had the plugin installed at Reign and was unsuccessful.

Once again though, it's been tried before and nixed; while I appreciate the idea as being cool (I like the sounds too - sometimes -), I don't personally think the plugin would be useful here.

A plugin that has richochet/bullet whip would be much more useful to enhance game play, IMO.

Return to “Suggestion booth!”