Keep login time as forever

speak and you will be heard!

Triggsta

Keep login time as forever

Post by Triggsta » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Could there be an option that you only have to login once and it will keep you logged in forever? Or perhaps a week or something. I get logged out every time I put my computer on standby and it's just a hassle to click the login link and then click the login button. My finger can't handle so much clicking :/

indiRanger

Re: Keep login time as forever

Post by indiRanger » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Yeah, i agree

The forum used to have that button, but it like disappeared.
~| Fury |~ indiRanger {F3}
<3 Savio

3Times

Post by 3Times » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:57 pm

I was wondering the same :(

Belcross

Post by Belcross » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:46 pm

That option has been disabled to prevent spam bots!

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Belcross wrote:That option has been disabled to prevent spam bots!
maby instead of disabling the option keep it in and add a code at the bottom to keep out spam bots, also spam bots seem to get throught 1nce and a while thats what i ve seen
+|.Reign.|+ Nova - 3 -

Triggsta

Post by Triggsta » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:07 pm

What about putting the option back in, but needing to insert a CAPTCHA in order to make that possible?

And I agree. Spam bots are going to get their way in one way or another. That's why there are lovely administrators with the green, yellow, blue, and orange names that have the power to delete those messages :] and probably the blue and orange have the power of banning those IPs :]

lonewolf80

Post by lonewolf80 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:34 pm

I agree. I find having to click "login" every time I visit is starting to become a hassle. Spam bots are going to be here, and I think that most spam bots actually do their spamming the second they register (I may be wrong). The spam bots are going to get in, most likely due to phpBB (it's famous for that). reCAPTCHA is a really good free CAPTCHA system a lot of people use.

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:51 pm

I am usually the early bird and I can honestly say since we have to log in everytime, spam bots have been at a minimum.

Before I use to have to delete and ban the spambots every morning ...

if your passoword is saved all you have to do is type the first letter of your login... arrow down once and hit enter and voila .. you are logged in ...

small price to pay for a spam free forum IMO
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

Triggsta

Post by Triggsta » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:32 pm

Well I honestly can't understand how that is stopping spam-bots by making it so they have to login every time. Because usually, the spam-bot will create the account and then immediately, once validated, will start posting posts. It's not like a recurring thing, and either way it couldn't be considering that they usually get caught like immediately by you guys :)

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Triggsta wrote:Well I honestly can't understand how that is stopping spam-bots by making it so they have to login every time. Because usually, the spam-bot will create the account and then immediately, once validated, will start posting posts. It's not like a recurring thing, and either way it couldn't be considering that they usually get caught like immediately by you guys :)

once they validate ... they set their profile and mark to keep themselves logged in. To come back and spam another day.
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

Return to “Suggestion booth!”