Timed items

speak and you will be heard!

DotA

Timed items

Post by DotA » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:09 pm

I just wanted to throw out there that I think it would be nice if there was a way to put a time limit on how long you can buy items. It gets kind of annoying when you're playing a map, and its 1v1 for like 2 minutes, and someone decides to scroll right when you pass by there spawn. It kind of kills the game. I've noticed people doing it a lot more after a certain regular started doing it since he thought it was funny. Don't get me wrong, I know it's part of the game, but come on >_> And if people complain about respawning and can't by items, well to bad, you're lucky you got a 2nd chance to respawn >_> If we decide to do 2 different WC3 servers, 1 of them should have a time limit on items. It'll make the game more fun, more balanced, and the matches a bit shorter....
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

MarioBros

Re: Timed items

Post by MarioBros » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:50 pm

In some items it feels like a good thing but on others it does not.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Prepared

Post by Prepared » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:47 pm

I don't like this idea at all. Sometimes I die and my team looks like there is a solid chance of living so I will save my gold or money. When it looks like those odds have shifted, I am then able to respawn and help save the round for my team.

Knowing a player can respawn on you should be something you take into consideration when crossing an enemies spawn. Do so at your own risk. I also don't it is hard to recognize the players who utilize this feature, and just plan your routes accordingly.

Not to tie topics together, but, a discussion we are having in the admin forum and the concept of change that has been mentioned there would also apply here I feel. At what point do we stop changing the module?

Dante

Post by Dante » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:15 pm

This was brought up in a discussion when bm was in rout to being nerfed. Should be just extended to time limit on rescrolling. No matter anyone says this should have been done. It ruins the fun of someone knowing your location and respawning just to kill someone who beat them. How many times have we seen a respawner say "worth it"
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

Prepared

Post by Prepared » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:33 pm

That is the point though! Scrolls become absolutely worthless with a timer... no one dies very fast. Adding timers just wreck the game. The player should be aware and responsible for their surroundings. If they fail to do that and die, that is on them. Like I said, they are not FORCED to run through an enemies spawn point. If they choose to do so, they run the risk.

The whole purpose of the scroll is to come back and help turn the tide. If you don't like it, then don't run through spawn to have an even chance. The scroll change we wanted fixed when the BM changes came was the starting money. People can't "retry" and instantly scroll. That was the issue, and the issue was resolved. Let us not break the game because people don't want to pay attention to their surroundings.

DotA

Post by DotA » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:10 am

How can you not run through spawn when its an fy map? The map has only 3 ways which only lead to one direction >_> Also, I can understand on big maps, but people only pick dust, and any fy map that comes up. You can't tell me that it doesn't get annoying when someone buys like 3 scrolls on iceworld >_> Also, modules change all the time, and usually for the better. You need change, or people will leave the server for something that is different. If you had the same WC3 server up for 1-2 years, chances are by that 2nd year mark, it would only be admins in that server. It would also help regulate the server, as most people know which classes to pick to destroy a server. Items work in the same way.
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:14 am

Scrolls are expensive and totally fair. I always tap tab to see if people are scrolling. It does tell you exactly where they are going to be so I think it should stay the same. The price increase and removal of xp for gold feature resolved any unbalanced nature to this item In my opinion. The ability to do this is what makes having gold fun, if you notice my races I don't even level them anymore because I have so much fun just burning the gold like a junkie lololol
GlazeD

SprayandPray

Post by SprayandPray » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:38 am

I agree that scrolling 2 or 3 times in the same round is a bit much but if your running thrue spawn you can hear the guy scroll and if your just camping an a player scrolls to come get you the maybe you shouldnt camp the whole round. Maybe putting a limit of 1 per round but putting a time limit on items would ruin the point of having portal or potion for example.

SnP

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:22 am

I think scrolls should be limited. Most "scrollers" wait to see where the remaining enemies are to spawn back and kill them. Kinda lame when they do that. I'm ok if they respawn right away the number of times they want.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:44 am

MarioBros wrote:I think scrolls should be limited. Most "scrollers" wait to see where the remaining enemies are to spawn back and kill them. Kinda lame when they do that. I'm ok if they respawn right away the number of times they want.

Yeah I have never scoped out the map or territory prior to scrolling but if you are unlucky enough to be in spawn then I might get ya :P
GlazeD

Return to “Suggestion booth!”