Timed items

speak and you will be heard!

DotA

Re: Timed items

Post by DotA » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm

MarioBros wrote:I think scrolls should be limited. Most "scrollers" wait to see where the remaining enemies are to spawn back and kill them. Kinda lame when they do that. I'm ok if they respawn right away the number of times they want.
Ah you always make better sense of what I am actually trying to say. But this is what I am talking about.
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

Prepared

Post by Prepared » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:20 pm

You can't regulate "right away". That is the whole point. If a player doesn't like knowing that the person scrolling can see them, DON'T camp. Otherwise, if you are not sitting in spawn, you'll hear the guy and if you can't kill him, that is on YOU. If the guy runs silent, you wouldn't hear him anyway, and the point is moot, or, if you're close enough, you'd hear him respawn. Plus, as mentioned, you can tab now and again and watch to see who is respawning. This isn't difficult.

The map problem being fixed would address your issues of just dust and fy, but, that problem is not an item problem, that is a map voting issue. Sammy either needs to fix the map voting system, or remove it entirely and go to a set rotation, or allow 3 *'s to do map votes now and again, or something. As the system is presently constituted, you have WAY too many custom maps, and WAY too many maps of the same basic concept (i.e. all the dust variations).

An fy_map is small period. Sit on the sides and waiting to drop people, if you get the unlucky dice of them spawning in your face, guess what? It's an fy_map and you can come right back and be in their face again instantly... you aren't buying guns so stocking cash / gold is easy, and none of this is an issue.

You absolutely cannot regulate items with timers. It defeats the entire purpose. If someone has the gold to scroll 3 times in a round, let him, guess what, that gold burns fast and then he is empty and the situation is resolved. If the player is that good that he constantly has gold, then PTB will help balance it, and / or the existing players need to change their strategies to adjust.

Gold isn't unlimited. Gold can't be bought with XP. I'm sorry you don't like getting owned now and again (not anyone specific, but, whoever feels this way), but, ultimately, it is a game all about one side bashing the other sides face in, and sometimes you lose. Be aware of your surroundings, use sound, to hear people running, which you'd be using anyway for a non-revived player, pay attention to radar, press tab now and again, and the issue is solved and we can move forward.

Done and done.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:24 am

Nah, waiting then respawning is lame. Camping or not, the player gets an idea where the players are and its not fair for anyone, good or bad. Plus making the round tedious and boring, because maybe the respawning player sucks and gets killed or just stalls the game while others wait.
Like I said, I don't mind players respawning right after they got killed. But those who wait like 30 secs to a minute after they died are just watching the remaining players so they can kill them. Any map. There is always someone like that. And I don't see how that is fair. Its lame.

And PBT resolving that, lol.
"Text translated via Google Translate"

DotA

Post by DotA » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Why don't we vote on these things >_>.....Every time someone posts a suggestion, at least 1 person is always against it(Not saying anybody in particular) and has to say something all the time, and it's usually the same thing, over and over, but in different words.....People will always disagree on things, so voting would seem like the best idea. Some people get mad, and some people like it. That's why it's a suggestion booth. Not all suggestions make everybody happy.
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

Return to “Suggestion booth!”