Forum App for smartphones

speak and you will be heard!

LyKiTySpLiT

Forum App for smartphones

Post by LyKiTySpLiT » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:20 pm

I dont know how difficult it would be but an app for the forums would be great. Im on here 99% of the time with my smartphone and it can be difficult to use. An app would improve communication and add on to the originality of .40 cal.

DotA

Re: Forum App for smartphones

Post by DotA » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Seems your smartphone isn't so smart >_>
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

LyKiTySpLiT

Post by LyKiTySpLiT » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:02 am

Lol its no iPhone but its the little things like navigation and posting msgs that my phone sux at doing. Still an app would be cool in my opinion. Not sure how to do it myself i think u need the software to make it...

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:06 am

You would need to program it for iOS, Android or both. And with a little of practice in Java you can make a reasonable applet!
Android gives the necessary software for free, but Apple doesn't :/
"Text translated via Google Translate"

LyKiTySpLiT

Post by LyKiTySpLiT » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:40 pm

For sure sux that apple software has to be purchased. I was hoping someone would have it already. I hope im not in way over my head thinking i could make an app. Im not naive with computers but im no expert either lol. Im down to try it if i have permission. Maybe start the project and if you guys like it we can build it as a team. I personally think its cool. Would make my life a lot easier..what i have in mind is something like the steam app..not too fancy but organized and it would improve communication especially with high ranking members and their extra responsibilities.

Venom
Site Admin

Post by Venom » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:44 pm

MarioBros wrote:You would need to program it for iOS, Android or both. And with a little of practice in Java you can make a reasonable applet!
No you would only need a "mobile" version of the forum. A little tricky using php. But we could try to register with apptpp or something .. forgot what it is .. an app that et's you log into forums with a more simple layout.
-[.40 cal ]- tomwzhere ***: lol imma be webcamming with charlie so he will see if i put it right
Ven: sounds sexual :roll:

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:18 pm

Venom wrote:
MarioBros wrote:You would need to program it for iOS, Android or both. And with a little of practice in Java you can make a reasonable applet!
No you would only need a "mobile" version of the forum. A little tricky using php. But we could try to register with apptpp or something .. forgot what it is .. an app that et's you log into forums with a more simple layout.
but he is talking of a 40cal app, not a mobile version of the forum
it would be easier to make a mobile version than an app, though

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:28 pm

If I understood what you were asking for correctly, making an app for a simple redirect to the forums isn't that hard. You just simply make the app open up safari and go straight to 40calgames.com/forum.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:35 am

I did some "research" and bumped along this: https://tapatalk.com/faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Q: What is Tapatalk?
A: Tapatalk is a mobile app built specifically for forum access. Different from mobile skin or mobile version that comes with the forum system, Tapatalk allows user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time."
I would've tested it myself but I dont have a forum nor a smartphone, lol

There's a free app capable of using tapatalk-enabled forums: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid.convo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CaptainJamesTKirk

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:43 am

MarioBros wrote:I did some "research" and bumped along this: https://tapatalk.com/faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Q: What is Tapatalk?
A: Tapatalk is a mobile app built specifically for forum access. Different from mobile skin or mobile version that comes with the forum system, Tapatalk allows user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time."
I would've tested it myself but I dont have a forum nor a smartphone, lol

There's a free app capable of using tapatalk-enabled forums: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... roid.convo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I tried convo and it didn't work on my smartphone but then again I think its a dumb phone.

Return to “Suggestion booth!”