Warcraft 3 XP server?

speak and you will be heard!

kazualty

Warcraft 3 XP server?

Post by kazualty » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 pm

I have been tossing around in my head trying to remember what's what as far as previous expansions to warcraft goes. UWC3 is lots of fun but needs a serious over-haul. The one that was most updated and least buggy that I could find is Warcraft 3 XP (by ferret/spacedude/dopefish). This one is very similar to war3ft just with a few different races and more up to date error improvements. I would love to see this mod on here. Still have 4 standard races + 4 newer (Troll, Dwarf, Lich, and Blood Elf). But does anyone remember this mod? would anyone like to see this on here aswell? I think it would be a lot less glitchy then the war3ft version and I will play it everyday until some people start getting into it.

Whats everyones opinion? I would assume this would replace the uwc3 server since that has issues. But id still like to edit the file and fix the uwc3 server too =D. Not sure up to Sammy as far as that goes. But im curious if everyone likes this mod and if they'd wanna give it a shot?

Also another suggestion since its more up-to-date is the WoW mod. Have never tried it myself but supposedly just a more updated version with not only races but classes and combinations with upgradeable skills.

Heres a link to the download on the forum to see more info, really doesnt tell you much about the mod itself, just how to install it:
http://wc3mods.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MarioBros

Re: Warcraft 3 XP server?

Post by MarioBros » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:37 pm

idk, I'm still thinking two warcraft servers are too much, nobody plays in the uwc3 and not to be negative or something but I think that is going to happen in this mod too :S I'm going to say that if the uwc3 server is going to be replaced by another mod, that mod has to the superhero one or even the 24/7 dust/dust2 idea that is rollin' in the forum...but if everyone wants it, I'd gladly try it for some time until there are a few peeps online :D
"Text translated via Google Translate"

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:06 pm

I think the current WC3 server's fine. it's been like that for many years and it's one of our most popular servers. we must be doin somethin right! :D

HeadshooTer

Post by HeadshooTer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:08 pm

KAZUALTY actually makes a good point.

I wouldn't suggest that you make whole new server, but atleast put the new latest mod in the current server which allows players 3 extra races while keeping the 8 classic races.

I remember back in the days many servers had those races added. It might take some computing or tweaking, but I know it can be done because it has been done before and I have seen it.

But if it can't be done, UWC3 could be replaced as that server has not gain any popularity in the 3 months I have been here. I personally love UWC3 but its no fun pwning the 5 BOTS all day long.

sueme

Post by sueme » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:04 pm

agreed with headshooter

Return to “Suggestion booth!”