Swear filter?

all topics cs and non cs related!

im0necrazm0f0

Swear filter?

Post by im0necrazm0f0 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:42 pm

Hey guys got a question before things get mixed up. I was just in wc3 server and I typed "aw" or "aww" and it replace it with http://www.40calgames.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Than I tried writing to DCH about it and in the message I put "aw" and it showed an ip. Just wondering if its detecting the word aw it as spam or cursing as I don't want to go through another scenario lol. Thank in advance guys! :)

F@N1

Re: Swear filter?

Post by F@N1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:07 pm

don't think aw and aww was the case here. in my case at least I haven't had any problems with them, not sure if it's changed. awww was probably it. the "www" in awww gets censored out for advertising and therefore gets blocked out and replaced with http://www.40calgames.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. anything with "www" gets blocked.
OMG U HACKER MAGNET -Sparky
"aw you cheater...you super cheat" -hiei

im0necrazm0f0

Post by im0necrazm0f0 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:22 pm

Ya I think your right I did type awww. Thanks F@N1 :) Im going try again tomorrow, or if anyone else can try aw/aww in meantime. Just want to give a heads up in case I were to get kicked or if its just a lil glitch or something.

namnoc

Post by namnoc » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:58 am

FYI - admins can see both the filtered message and the actual word you typed. We won't kick you for typing awww.
Never confuse the facts with truth.
Fact = You shot me in the head.
Truth = I'm still better than you.

im0necrazm0f0

Post by im0necrazm0f0 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:39 am

Cool thanks namnoc for clearing that up for me, good to know ;) . It never happened to me before so I thought it was just cause server was acting up a bit last night.

im0necrazm0f0

Post by im0necrazm0f0 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:12 pm

Ok so I typed awwww and it changed it to /ultimate , weird. Aw and aww are fine. Awww showed a random ip.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:38 pm

im0necrazm0f0 wrote:Ok so I typed awwww and it changed it to /ultimate , weird. Aw and aww are fine. Awww showed a random ip.
thats because "awwww" contains 3 consecutive w.
Like you have already been told, anything with 3 w will be blocked.
The same goes with night and some other words that contain certain character strings that may or may not be used to insult other people.
Some are pretty ridiculous, but we aren't always in the servers :D
"Text translated via Google Translate"

F@N1

Post by F@N1 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:49 pm

im0necrazm0f0 wrote:Ok so I typed awwww and it changed it to /ultimate , weird. Aw and aww are fine. Awww showed a random ip.
F@N1 wrote:don't think aw and aww was the case here. in my case at least I haven't had any problems with them, not sure if it's changed. awww was probably it. the "www" in awww gets censored out for advertising and therefore gets blocked out and replaced with http://www.40calgames.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. anything with "www" gets blocked.
OMG U HACKER MAGNET -Sparky
"aw you cheater...you super cheat" -hiei

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:14 pm

It's been like this since forever. The filter probably just parses the entire string without any blank spaces, " ", and checks to see if it is a banned word. Things like a"www" will trigger it, so will "nig"ht. Those are the two most common things that trigger the filter from what I can remember.

im0necrazm0f0

Post by im0necrazm0f0 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:58 am

Cool thanks guys. I just never noticed it till now cause I usually type aw when I'm getting my butt kicked and never noticed it lol

Return to “Questions for 40cal?”