Binding keys

all topics cs and non cs related!

BOOM- toe shot

Binding keys

Post by BOOM- toe shot » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:06 am

It seems like the server, or Counter Strike, is very reluctant to let people paste more than once. I suspect it's Counter Strike, and i'll explain why.

When you copy something out of the game, and paste it in game, it seems to work fine the first time. But the next time, when you copy something completely different and go to paste again in the game, it pastes out the first copy, rather than what you just went to get. At first I thought disconnecting from the server and rejoining would solve this problem, but alas it did not and I continued to be stone walled. It would appear that Spock has had the same problems, and if he was able to overcome it and bind all his keys, I wasn't able to get passed my third. I struggled for a long while to do it before I gave up. Spock gave me the suggestion to bind all of them manually, type it in myself. But that would literally take me all morning and I don't have the time.

If there isn't any other solution besides type it in yourself, that's fine and I'll be able to do so eventually, but I just thought I'd bring the problem to the forum's attention.
BOOM- toe shot

CaptainJamesTKirk

Re: Binding keys

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:09 am

http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 53&t=14244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This might help.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 am

you could have done it without being in the game just open the config file and paste whatever you want to bind in there...
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:03 pm

if you do the copy pasteonce then highlight it and then paste over it you'll see that it works for you every time I think its an issue with the clipboard from the computer integrating with Counter Strike it's frustrating but if you try that it will work every time.

Ie ctrl c. Ctrl v then ctrl a and ctrl c once more if you get the combo down its super fast. Marios method would be the least time consuming.

Benny

BOOM- toe shot

Post by BOOM- toe shot » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:27 pm

MarioBros wrote:you could have done it without being in the game just open the config file and paste whatever you want to bind in there...
BOOM- toe shot

-=Deadly_Dealer=-

Post by -=Deadly_Dealer=- » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 am

Captain Kirk's menu is the best, makes life easy and simple

Return to “Questions for 40cal?”