Making demos and where to put them

all topics cs and non cs related!

-Eclipse-

Making demos and where to put them

Post by -Eclipse- » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey guys, not sure if you posted this topic already but could someone tell me how to make a demo and where to post it and how? If it's too long to explain all that then just explaining how to make a demo would be enough. Thanks lots

MarioBros

Re: Making demos and where to put them

Post by MarioBros » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:18 pm

When you are in-game, open console and type record "name" (without quotes) and it will start recording. When you are done, open console again and type stop. The demo is saved in the cstrike folder, where your config file is. You can upload it to mediafire (I upload them there and works fine) or any other data storage website. To post them, you will have to make a new thread in Sammy's Banland http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=41" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and paste the upload link of where you stored it. And that's about it :D
1.- Open console and type record "name" without the quotes ex. record MarioBros
2.- Record something lol
3.- Open console and type in stop
4.- Locate your demo in your cstrike folder
5.- Upload it to your favorite data storage website
6.- Make a new thread in Sammy's Banland and post your download link there
"Text translated via Google Translate"

-Eclipse-

Post by -Eclipse- » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Oh okay that sounds easy enough, thanks for the help!

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:24 pm

whatever you need :D
"Text translated via Google Translate"

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Remember to type status right after you start recording as well!

kazualty

Post by kazualty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Sammy wrote:please post a demo with: GOOD PROOF!
In Game Name:
Steam ID:
Date/Time:
Server/Map:
Witnesses:
Accusation

keep in mind this will not be a guaranteed ban!
sammy
You will want to include all of these things. Some can be obtained from typing status in console (above all the player information has some)

Good proof I think refers to a long enough to be 100% sure demo. Most aimbot/toggle hacks are easy to find and short demos usually can point it out quickly. But if you got a wallhacker that took you a few minutes to be sure of. You should probably record at least a few minute video. I also recommend checking out my guide it can help with distinguishing a wallhacker from a pro. Most wallhackers are obvious but a true pro can seem like one. You and karma are both pretty good so Im sure you notice the moments where people call you a hacker or you were like wow that was crazy even for me LOL. If you need some more information tho it may help feel free to check it out:
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 42&t=12905" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goodluck catchin those hackers! we don't need or want ANY of them =P I also recommend checking out this forum post by Belcross:
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It shows all the different kinds of hacks someone could have. When I first read this I didn't know or think about a couple of them. Keep an eye out for the possibilities. Good Luck! :D

-Eclipse-

Post by -Eclipse- » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 pm

Okay thanks for the advice :D

kazualty

Post by kazualty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Also theres not going to always be witnesses, atleast ones you know. you create ones with your demo being clear. If its clear in the demo, Noone can dispute it. If you don't have witnesses or all the information dont hesitate to post. The other admins/viewers of your demo will become witnesses.. Its also Still good to keep a lookout for the name even if you forgot to get the steamid somehow (steamid is most important if you are 100% sure, this is what gets banned)

Return to “Questions for 40cal?”