why?

all topics cs and non cs related!

Mavrickson

why?

Post by Mavrickson » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:26 am

out of curiousity why is the blast shield thing restricted?

kazualty

Re: why?

Post by kazualty » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:50 am

im kinda curious of this myself, Shield is fun would be a fun in the wc3 server. Maybe limit one per team?

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 pm

blast shield + human with cloak = extreme camping!!!...I guess :P have no idea
"Text translated via Google Translate"

kazualty

Post by kazualty » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 pm

LOL yeah thats a fun thought. How about super-speed undead runnin laps around people shielded? might be scary lol but I think itd still be fun just ONE per team =P. Its less boring then awp, atleast its entertaining

ScorpioN

Post by ScorpioN » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:00 pm

shield, AWP, auto-sniper are all restricted. Shield is really cheap, although sometimes its fun. :D

-=cRiMiNiMiNaL=-

Post by -=cRiMiNiMiNaL=- » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:13 pm

I'd like to say I agree completely with this thread. To say any part of a game is too powerful or cheap is ridiculous to me. Some people are better suited to different team roles and shield, awp and auto are all support weapons and specialized at that. There are specific ways to attack and overcome each of these. While I do agree it's annoying to have a whole team go awp, auto or shield, we could easily implement a number of players restriction like they have on the PcG servers. They are allowed only one sniper per team. As far as the shield I don't care if everyone on the opposite team had a shield because I feel they don't really offer that much defense, I think they are extremely easy to beat. Just me, I understand some people don't feel the same.

-=cRiMiNiMiNaL=-

Post by -=cRiMiNiMiNaL=- » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Just a side note this is not an attack on anyone who says they should be restricted, I am just really tired of hearing people say that playing the game the way it is designed is a problem. I hear the same thing in Team Fortress 2 about items that people feel are overpowered, or people who have trained themselves on where health packs exist, or return to spawn to heal. Being better at using the tools you have been provided is the name of the game, and how would you feel if someone said the way you play is cheap or overpowered and restricted your favorite weapons to hinder your gameplay and try to make it "fair" as a lot of people like to call it. "Fair" to me usually means that players want you to play like they do. What ever happened to getting better by playing people with more skill and manning up and admitting\dealing with the fact that you aren't the best.

Return to “Questions for 40cal?”