What is ledging?

For The Menu - say /war3menu

DotA

Re: What is ledging?

Post by DotA » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:33 pm

lol me kirk, and lucky should have our own forum page since we all usually comment on each other and mess around with each other lol
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:23 pm

We should have our own server :P

DotA

Post by DotA » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:37 pm

LOL we would never play and just talk to each other all night o.O might not be a bad idea lol
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

D3mon

Post by D3mon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Isn't it better to just set a rule like only the places u can get to with sock of the feather, no higher than that? or with just the normal gravity like 800 (if im not mistaken). Instead of showing ppl where is okay and where is ledging, everyone has different definition, sometimes even the admins may be mistaken. I think it will save some times of debating whether is legal spot or illegal with admins or during the game. It' ll just ruin the fun of it. Why not just set a simple rule , u either can go up to some spots that sock of the feather can get to or just stay on the ground.

It's just my personal opinion since i played in trb's warcraft server before and there's not too much arguing about the ledging problem cuz the rule is really simple and easy to spot if its legal or not.

I don't play human that much but it is annoying when ur playing against 90% of team as humans, and everyone just teleported to the higher ground.
Last edited by D3mon on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BOOM- toe shot

Post by BOOM- toe shot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Don't do this, you should be fine

BOOM- toe shot

BOOM- toe shot

Post by BOOM- toe shot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 pm

There is only one definition of ledtging. That picture defines it all.

You cannot stand on near or above a ceiling/roof that is one way. one way being that someone can look in, but those inside can't look out.
BOOM- toe shot

D3mon

Post by D3mon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:21 pm

then i guess u admins have lots work to do becuz there are tons of ppl not following the rules. :roll:

Skinny

Post by Skinny » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:12 pm

It's a never ending battle. The Druids are getting as bad as the humans. It might help if we could make it so they die when they get stuck in the wall lol!

BOOM- toe shot

Post by BOOM- toe shot » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 am

D3mon wrote:then i guess u admins have lots work to do becuz there are tons of ppl not following the rules. :roll:

When an admin is on and someone ledging, they will dealt with it. If you want us to work on it, try gathering up names and steam IDs, that way when we do join games, we have a chance to spot a name that's been reported doing mischievous acts. Other than that, there is not really "lots work to do"

As Skinny said, it's an ongoing problem; meaning it's being dealt with before, during and after your complaints.

We appreciate your concern, but your condescending attitude is uncalled for. If you think you can regulate the servers so frequently, join the clan and get to work. Otherwise, it's being handled.
BOOM- toe shot

Skinny

Post by Skinny » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 am

If you want to help combat this problem you can help by doing the following

1. Remind players of the rules and that ledging is against the rules (And kill them with kindness, dont argue, get excited/upset, disrespecting them, or using swear words.) Make sure to remind them half a dozen times or so that way they cannot pull the whole "well I didnt know". Remind them the rules are shown at the beginning of each round and they can be found here at 40calgamers.com

2. IF they continue after your reminders, go spectator and make a demo of them doing the ledging and constantly remind them that it against the rules and a banable offense, again referring to step one while reminding them.

3. If they continue to ignore the rules while you are making a demo, please make sure to type "status" in your console to get a list off all players with steam ID's. After that come here and post up the demo with any and all info you have. Please keep it short and sweet for the admins and let the demo speak for itself.

If you are unsure how to make demos you can find out how here in this link
http://gamerone.net/topic/885-how-to-re ... strike-16/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope this helps you in our never ending quest to keep the servers a fun and happy place to be! If you have questions do not hesitate to ask and admins. You are more then welcome to PM me and I will do my best to help you or refer you to a admin!

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”