Bloodmage - time to un-nerf?

For The Menu - say /war3menu

Should Bloodmage be un-nerfed?

1. NO! I like it the way it is.
12%
2. YES! Put it back to the way it was.
36%
3. Split the difference. It was over-powered before, but is under-powered now.
52%

Total votes: 33

Fudd!

Re: Bloodmage - time to un-nerf?

Post by Fudd! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:41 am

Going back to the way it was will kill the server imo .. Blood Mage the way it used to be was the strongest race even at level 0 with the right items vs level 25 of any other race. Then once you start adding banish (which seems to work anytime you're shot in the back), and the fact you'd have constant 16k every round .. it was a monster. Thats not even including people that would abuse portal, respawn and potions. Nothing was more annoying than doing 300+ dmg to a mage just to have them respawn and have to do it all over again in the same round.

I will agree it was fun using bm vs bm against people like brock and others.. having 300+ dmg battles but other than that it just ruined the game. When newer players are in the server I.. like many other try to lighten up and screw around using pistols, smg or scout only .. but if one or more of the new players use bm it pretty much forces you to use bm ..

Yes people will argue it just makes it more of a challenge giving people a chance to do well .. but its so unbalanced that even a bm standing still spinning in a circle takes so much dmg to kill you're pretty much dead from their teammates.

I vote for Brock's idea of somewhere in the middle.

_Kid-

Post by _Kid- » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Yeah BM is underpowered now and i agree with Brock with #3 and split the difference. i also noticed that orc and night elf are dampered down a lot especially when it come to critical hits and orc nades
_Kid-

OWNX

Post by OWNX » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:42 am

any conclusion with what should be done ?

Glazed

Post by Glazed » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:45 pm

Since It was an even split I think an improvement to blood mage should be made but not as strong as before. Perhaps either money steal or dmg reduce could be increased.
GlazeD

Nohandle

Post by Nohandle » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:29 pm

I vote for money. Its what i really liked about bloodmage. Like batman your super power is money. As it should be.

Nohandle

_Kid-

Post by _Kid- » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:37 am

Nohandle wrote:I vote for money. Its what i really liked about bloodmage. Like batman your super power is money. As it should be.

Nohandle
AGREED
_Kid-

_Kid-

Post by _Kid- » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:28 am

im playing BM right now with lvl 7 siphon mana and i havent got a single penny from anyone. also havent deflected any shots either. it is wayy to nurfed down
_Kid-

ishchhabra

Post by ishchhabra » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:47 am

-=Brock*Samson=- wrote:I think we can all agree it is currently over-nerfed. I think 75-80 percent of original money steal and damage reduction should do the trick. Now that potion is 6k for 35 hp (not even 1 rifle shot's worth), BM's money steal isn't quite so powerful. Draenei using accel and ulti is way more bang for your buck than stealing money and using potion.

If there was a way to set a limit to the number of shopmenu items you can buy per round, that would fix all the problems. Like you can only buy 2 of the same item per round. 2 helm buys, 2 necklace buys, 2 portals, 2 potions, 2 accelerators, 2 scrolls, etc. OWNX, is that possible?
Acually in my opinion that would be maybe disagreed by some players like me as many uses portals a lot so as to kill players by disturbing their aim when they at our spawn or by making back hit using portals

ishchhabra

Post by ishchhabra » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:52 am

Fudd! wrote:Going back to the way it was will kill the server imo .. Blood Mage the way it used to be was the strongest race even at level 0 with the right items vs level 25 of any other race. Then once you start adding banish (which seems to work anytime you're shot in the back), and the fact you'd have constant 16k every round .. it was a monster. Thats not even including people that would abuse portal, respawn and potions. Nothing was more annoying than doing 300+ dmg to a mage just to have them respawn and have to do it all over again in the same round.

I will agree it was fun using bm vs bm against people like brock and others.. having 300+ dmg battles but other than that it just ruined the game. When newer players are in the server I.. like many other try to lighten up and screw around using pistols, smg or scout only .. but if one or more of the new players use bm it pretty much forces you to use bm ..

Yes people will argue it just makes it more of a challenge giving people a chance to do well .. but its so unbalanced that even a bm standing still spinning in a circle takes so much dmg to kill you're pretty much dead from their teammates.

I vote for Brock's idea of somewhere in the middle.

For this I would like to say that when earlier BM was there I had usually saw many players on the server sometimes even it had got full but now I cant barely find that even many times I had found the server as empty and in that case when I join I had to wait nearly 10-20 mins for just 1 more person with me which may also leave if he's weaker than me or if he's stronger or equal we enjoy and others join
Else the server remains empty for hours

So I think BM was a good choice for many as it brought interest in people whereas also I would request that since all servers which are in cycle are from long time all are bored and there should be new maps added in server also to not make people bore :) (y)

_Kid-

Post by _Kid- » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm

So, are we doing this or? whats the verdict? im excited to play as BM again lol
_Kid-

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”