processor upgrade:

For The Menu - say /war3menu

`MuiR

Re: processor upgrade:

Post by `MuiR » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:49 pm

sammy wrote:I don't think this upgrade will happen coz they want too much money. they said my current dedibox is outdated and cannot upgrade the processor. I knew they were gonna try and talk me into a whole new dedibox. in order for this major upgrade to happen, they want an additional $100.00 per month on top of what I am paying now.
our current dedibox specs are:
intel x3440 @2.53Ghz
8core 32 gigs of ram

here is the email I received this morning:

Your server is beyond End of Life and Intel has discontinued compatible X3400 series CPUs. Going thru 3rd parties to upgrade with used parts is not an option here plus that wouldn’t get you the 8-cores and performance you want/need.

With what we do have on site and can build out for you is the following:

1 x Intel SR1625URR 1U Server Chassis
2 x Intel X5645 CPU (2x6-Cores; 12C/24T total)
12 x 4GB ECC REG DDR3 RAM (48GB RAM total)
1 x Intel AXXRMS2LL040 Modular RAID Card
2 x Seagate 1TB SATA3 Hard Drive (deployed as RAID1)
2 x 1GB Intel NIC ports onboard

This gives you a significant bump in CPU (12-cores) and RAM (48GB RAM), and is more of a solution than a band-aide

what do you guys think?
sammy
I think it's been made clear, that we are all behind you on this Sammy. Many of us have voiced our support of this upgrade, both in spirit, and in substance. I donate every month, and will continue to do so. We can DEFINITELY help to offset the $100.00 monthly increase..

As for the build, what are they looking at charging? I will help as much as I am able, and I am pretty confident that with the help of others, we can aid in easing this process into motion.

-`MuiR

SprayandPray

Post by SprayandPray » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:42 pm

If getting this new upgrade meens we need more donations you can count me in just let me know what you need!
Having the possibility of have more mods sounds nice too id definetly be willing to contribute more

SnP

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:54 pm

Great news indeed, Let's donate a bit to help Sammy with the cost.
Can we have UWC3 instead of CLASSIC, please SAMMY?

DotA

Post by DotA » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:30 pm

If it's only $100 extra a month, count me in for $35 a month starting when you get the upgrade. I will donate 33% of the costs, and I don't need VIP. I am pretty sure others can donate to make up for the costs. If you can Sammy, shoot me a PM with specs. I want to take a look around all of the specs possible to see if were getting the best deal.
MarioBros.: What about yourself?
DotA: eh I never count my self.
MarioBros.: Why?
DotA: Because I tend to think there is always someone better.
MarioBros.: Because you cant win in GG?
DotA: >_>....

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:57 pm

you guys have to understand this would be a 2 year contract. so for those who enjoy playing the servers now, might not in the near future. in the end I get stuck with a hefty bill. I need serious commitments in order to move on this upgrade. if we do this, we would all be very happy.

Dante

Post by Dante » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:04 pm

you have my support boss
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

`MuiR

Post by `MuiR » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:17 pm

I've loved CS since 2002, and will love it two years from now. As long as 40 cal remains alive, I will still be here. Count me in Sammo.

Mr.SnEaKy

Post by Mr.SnEaKy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Count me in as well.

im not going anywhere any time soon! CS IS LIFE!

SprayandPray

Post by SprayandPray » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Already made too many friends here to quit and I'm sure it's just the beginning. I can definitely donater 30a month if that helps starting Monday!

AA27 HAWK

Post by AA27 HAWK » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:45 pm

sammy wrote:I don't think this upgrade will happen coz they want too much money. they said my current dedibox is outdated and cannot upgrade the processor. I knew they were gonna try and talk me into a whole new dedibox. in order for this major upgrade to happen, they want an additional $100.00 per month on top of what I am paying now.
our current dedibox specs are:
intel x3440 @2.53Ghz
8core 32 gigs of ram

here is the email I received this morning:

Your server is beyond End of Life and Intel has discontinued compatible X3400 series CPUs. Going thru 3rd parties to upgrade with used parts is not an option here plus that wouldn’t get you the 8-cores and performance you want/need.

With what we do have on site and can build out for you is the following:

1 x Intel SR1625URR 1U Server Chassis
2 x Intel X5645 CPU (2x6-Cores; 12C/24T total)
12 x 4GB ECC REG DDR3 RAM (48GB RAM total)
1 x Intel AXXRMS2LL040 Modular RAID Card
2 x Seagate 1TB SATA3 Hard Drive (deployed as RAID1)
2 x 1GB Intel NIC ports onboard

This gives you a significant bump in CPU (12-cores) and RAM (48GB RAM), and is more of a solution than a band-aide

what do you guys think?
sammy
Dude, you should not have no problem with that hardware. You should see the dinosaurs that I had to deal with in Unisys back in California!!! If the provider is asking you for more then they are full of it!

rip - "By day, he's Hawk. Mild mannered rank bait. Come darkness, he transforms in to Hawk, the dark lord of the ban (and still rank bait.)" :lol:

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”