WC3 Rule: 1 scroll per round.

For The Menu - say /war3menu

ScorpioN

Re: WC3 Rule: 1 scroll per round.

Post by ScorpioN » Thu May 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Well ownx should have only disabled Exp -> Gold options.
The two Gold ->Exp options should have been kept though as they were a popular incentive to earn gold and level up your characters with them.

NonMagical

Post by NonMagical » Thu May 22, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm wondering, is it really that hard to just remove the EXP -> Gold option. This has been brought up many many times in the past, is an incredibly abusable system, and now when there is talk of fixing it, the idea is to remove the entire gold system?

That's overkill. The gold is nice because it is a way to level up characters faster. Being that there are 25 levels, it would basically be impossible to get to the mid-20s without it. I'm a pretty good example of what an average player levels to. I may rack up a ton of gold and exp when I play, but I don't play all the time. I invest 99% of my gold into EXP, and I never remove EXP for gold, yet my highest level is I think 22? I have like 5 classes between 19 and 22. Had gold not been an option, I would probably be level 15 on those classes.

People have said it before and I'll say it again: Just remove one line of code. The ability to purchase gold with EXP. That's it. And with it, scroll abuse and potion abuse will stop. I don't really care if somebody respawns 10 times in a round... Because they will only be able to do that 1 round and then will be flat out of gold. Then admins don't need to police it.

Prepared

Post by Prepared » Fri May 23, 2014 3:01 pm

Remove the ability to convert XP into gold. That way, the only way to earn MORE, is to kill other players, or save money. As previously stated, then, it slows your gold progression down significantly. With the progression slowed, if someone respawns x10 in one round, let them, all their gold is gone and they have to restock.

Remove XP to Gold conversion and your issues are solved. AND your admins don't have to do any unnecessary watching of the players because the system will control it itself.

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Fri May 23, 2014 3:09 pm

Prepared wrote:Remove the ability to convert XP into gold. That way, the only way to earn MORE, is to kill other players, or save money. As previously stated, then, it slows your gold progression down significantly. With the progression slowed, if someone respawns x10 in one round, let them, all their gold is gone and they have to restock.

Remove XP to Gold conversion and your issues are solved. AND your admins don't have to do any unnecessary watching of the players because the system will control it itself.
exactly what the post above yours says.

I am working on this change
sammy

Prepared

Post by Prepared » Fri May 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Given that you're working on implementing the above listed change, can we scroll as much as like then?

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Fri May 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Prepared wrote:Given that you're working on implementing the above listed change, can we scroll as much as like then?
yup

tomwzhere

Post by tomwzhere » Fri May 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Whoa prepared! Long time no see man!

Bro.

Post by Bro. » Wed May 28, 2014 10:23 pm

so we can scroll unlimited? because ive been told differently in-game. even though i usually only do it twice.

theYonnest

Post by theYonnest » Thu May 29, 2014 2:16 am

Different admins have said different things. Until the trade is fixed, it seems that people should feel free to scroll as many times as they want.

Unfortunately, this means we will have to deal with people such as no swear using (not exaggerating) 4-6 scrolls per round. Could be worse.

Happy fraggin.
-theYonnest

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Thu May 29, 2014 2:17 am

sammy wrote:
Prepared wrote:Given that you're working on implementing the above listed change, can we scroll as much as like then?
yup
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”