OWNX's TO DO LIST

For The Menu - say /war3menu

L4G

Re: OWNX's TO DO LIST

Post by L4G » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 pm

i agree with rawr. They respawn until you have no ammo left cuz they can just trade xp for gold and gold for money all day especially when they play bm since you don't necessarily need a high level to make bm effective.

apples

Post by apples » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:30 pm

NonMagical wrote:After playing in the server just know I would like to strongly urge that when this patch eventually makes it to the server (hopefully it does at some point) that the Scroll of Resurrection, if not able to be limited to 1 per round, be removed entirely from the game. With the ability to trade experience for gold, and gold for money, the scroll is so exploitable that it isn't even fun anymore.

I was just playing in the server where somebody died like 29 times in 11 rounds. One round in particular, I just sat in spawn and killed two people continually respawning like 4 or 5 times each until I simply ran out of bullets. Some people's response to this was "Just sit in spawn and kill them then!" But excuse me, my idea of Counter-Strike is not playing whack-a-mole in the spawn of the other team.

I've worried that scroll was abusable in the past, but after today I saw the the true power of the abuse.

You can respawn 2 times for every gold you spend. That means for every 7500 exp you trade, you can respawn 10 times. So hypothetically, I could join the server when nobody good is on, earn my 30 kills on two maps (trade it for exp), then later pull that gold back out of my exp pool and completely blow up the server with 20 respawns in a row. You guys made a gold cap of 10 for a reason, but I don't think you realized that the gold cap is only one way to store wealth in the server... You can store it just as effectively in exp. Or another way to think about it.. I may only have 10 gold stored up, but I have hundreds upon hundreds readily available whenever I want.

Hmm, yeah I think i'm going to have to agree with Rawr on this one. Scrolls can easily be abused in the server now so it should be limited to one if not two times per round.

P.S. Regarding the helm charges I also agree with rawr. I too find it rare to find myself lose 3 helm chargers per fight, so this VIP buff seems a little too much.

Apples

`MuiR

Post by `MuiR » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 am

It's funny you should say that Apples. You've taken 3-6 helms off of me on many occasions. Leaving me audibly confessing my discontent with being headshot with a full set of helms. The list of people that have managed it is a short one, but it has happened to me frequently enough that it's etched into my memory bank. Steven, Apples, Disgrace, bananas, and Dante and lilo are the only ones that have HS me through 3+ helms that weren't hacking. In up close spray fights, and in long range burst fights, it's happened a lot. I guess I am just an unlucky soul lol.

Dante

Post by Dante » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:35 am

The helm thing seems to be a crazy argument. You can always buy more helms. People buy potions, steel spam, tomes, portals, scrolls ect. It's just more bang for your buck is all.
Fear of spiders is arachnophobia. Fear of having no escape and being in closed or small spaces or rooms is claustrophobia. Fear of Dante is called logic.

OWNX

Post by OWNX » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:08 pm

to add limits and restriction mean lot of work , for moment just limit the gold and increase the price , it will be enough

BOOM- toe shot

Post by BOOM- toe shot » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Actually OWNX doesn't need to add in restriction. Admins can enforce it verbally like we have done countless times with orc nades.

Sammy just needs to give us the go ahead on what items are allowed to be only bought once per round.
BOOM- toe shot

apples

Post by apples » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:45 pm

BOOM- toe shot wrote:Actually OWNX doesn't need to add in restriction. Admins can enforce it verbally like we have done countless times with orc nades.

Sammy just needs to give us the go ahead on what items are allowed to be only bought once per round.
Lol this will not work. Admins can only do so much, and especially when they aren't around players will still abuse it.

Raise Scroll to 12000
Raise Death touch to 24000
Raise Potion to 10000

should fix everyone abusing it.

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:10 pm

apples wrote:
BOOM- toe shot wrote:Actually OWNX doesn't need to add in restriction. Admins can enforce it verbally like we have done countless times with orc nades.

Lol this will not work. Admins can only do so much, and especially when they aren't around players will still abuse it.

Raise Scroll to 12000
Raise Death touch to 24000
Raise Potion to 10000

should fix everyone abusing it.

done
let me know if this helps
sammy

`MuiR

Post by `MuiR » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Aside from BM's nobody is going to feasibly get 24k considering the money cap is 16k lol. So that just destroyed that item completely. If that was the intent, job well done. It needs to be removed anyway.

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:02 pm

the items cost is not working. something is wrong with the mod. it did once work though

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”