testing 199.187.247.82:27024 -[.40 cal ]- WC3FT ULTIMATE

For The Menu - say /war3menu

kazualty

Re: testing 199.187.247.82:27024 -[.40 cal ]- WC3FT ULTIMATE

Post by kazualty » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Ok so I have gone through this and its apparently a different uwc3 mod which may be the only reason the file didnt compress properly. There seems to be no XP settings in this programming. It may be in a number of the files included at the beginning:

"uwc3ng/XP.inl"
"uwc3ng/uwc3ng.inl"
"uwc3ng/constants.inl"
"uwc3ng/shared.inl"

Its likely in one of the first two. Like I said its a simple as changing some numbers, the programming may look confusing but if you scan through it you can find the xp and just change the numbers. hopefully its as simple as an xp_scale variable. the stock setting for the one i had sent you was "1.5" ratio.. i didnt see it till i edited every other xp number but I could have just changed this number to like ".5" and everything's fixed. and the start_defuse_xp (thats usually close to what its named) just needs to be set to 0. If you can find those 2 variables its all thats needed to fix it.

If this just confuses you and you would like me to figure it out. will have to see the xp.inl file and the uwc3ng.inl file... im guessing its in the uwc3ng.inl file as this is different from the other mod i edited and it wasnt in the xp.inl file before. But it could be in any really. Have no problem doing it if you can't or dont even wanna try :P :D. Just let me know =D

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:37 am

Some People didn't even know about existence of ULTIMATE WC3. I invited BIG D, KARMA and a few other players and they all enjoy it.
2 things I noticed:
1. It is laggy sometimes, mostly during the defuse or when you're about to kill the last player alive on the enemy's team.

2. Night elf's ultimate-Entagle Roots. If the enemy sets it on you and kills you, when you respawn, you still can NOT move. The feeling is like you're still under the influence of Entagle Roots and must wait about 5-9 seconds for it to wear out.

I'll look for more glitches...

kazualty

Post by kazualty » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:05 am

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY wrote:Some People didn't even know about existence of ULTIMATE WC3. I invited BIG D, KARMA and a few other players and they all enjoy it.
2 things I noticed:
1. It is laggy sometimes, mostly during the defuse or when you're about to kill the last player alive on the enemy's team.

2. Night elf's ultimate-Entagle Roots. If the enemy sets it on you and kills you, when you respawn, you still can NOT move. The feeling is like you're still under the influence of Entagle Roots and must wait about 5-9 seconds for it to wear out.

I'll look for more glitches...
yeah the lag spike thing i noticed too.. seems to happen at the end of round.. your almost not even sure you killed the last enemy because it lags.. kinda strange... Didn't notice that entangle glitch not so bad though, The code is very hard to decipher when you haven't written it yourself but I may be able to take a gander around at these problems to see if I can find them in the code. It's so difficult to compile in your head all the variables that you havent written Id rather re-write tho whole thing myself almost lol... but I can try to see whats what and if its just an easy fix.

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 am

2 more to add:

1. Necklace PROTECTS from CRITICAL NADE sometimes. It considers any level of a CRITICAL NADE as an ULTIMATE and protects you from it...I do not know if it's a glitch or modification, but as I remember in ULTIMATE WC3, CRITICAL NADE was always a deadly and the most fearful, so people tried to master their MAGIC RESISTANCE. If a Necklace would've been able to protect you from it(as if someone uses their ultimate), then how do people have used FAN OF KNIVES with a CRITICAL NADE in their hand and killed almost WHOLE TEAM back in the day?
I tested on the players who had Necklaces and my level 10 CRITICAL NADE plus NAPALM did not kill them. I checked to see if they have MAGIC RESISTANCE...and they didn't...
But it killed others who didn't have Necklace, but had some points at MAGIC RESISTANCE instead. So it's a MAGIC RESISTANCE glitch?

2. MEND WOUND level3(Master) should heal HEX and it doesn't. Once again, I do not know if it's a glitch or modification.

Sylwester

Post by Sylwester » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:56 am

1. Necklace should not protect you from critical grenade damage, so it may be another bug and like I said the resistances are broken (some don't work at all unless you invest 100 points, some give you full protection after spending 1 point and some don't work against skills they were intended to).
2. Mend wounds never removed hex. Some uwc3 versions had Dispel hex skill.

I searched my hdd and found several uwc3 versions including my old remake attempt, but they are kinda outdated, so I'm going to update and finish my version. It will probably work better than uwc3ng, so I don't know if there is any point in trying to fix it.

kazualty

Post by kazualty » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:13 pm

sounds great. Like I said I don't know much about the mods anyways. It would take me awhile to decipher what is calling to game variables and whats calling to mod variables. And where each is and what each does.

Hope you get yours up and working soon. Would love to get some people in the uwc3 server, But don't really wanna waste there time if a new/better one will be out soon. It really seems there is way too many glitches with this. Like I said before may be easier to rewrite the whole thing lol. Good luck Sylwester, hope to see it up soon!

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:05 pm

Sylwester wrote:1. Necklace should not protect you from critical grenade damage, so it may be another bug and like I said the resistances are broken (some don't work at all unless you invest 100 points, some give you full protection after spending 1 point and some don't work against skills they were intended to).

I searched my hdd and found several uwc3 versions including my old remake attempt, but they are kinda outdated, so I'm going to update and finish my version. It will probably work better than uwc3ng, so I don't know if there is any point in trying to fix it.

thx syl :D

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:37 pm

Sylwester wrote:1. Necklace should not protect you from critical grenade damage, so it may be another bug and like I said the resistances are broken (some don't work at all unless you invest 100 points, some give you full protection after spending 1 point and some don't work against skills they were intended to).

Thank you for your reply and clarifying it to me about MEND WOUNDS. Also, I can not wait to play your updated version. Happy New Year everyone

HeadshooTer

Post by HeadshooTer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:23 pm

I am not sure if they new mod/update has been placed or not but the lag issues still exists.

Also given the server's unpopularity (reason = low lvls don't stand a chance with high lvls), I suggest that every new player in the server automatically gets 5 or 7 free lvls so that way they have something to build on. Because starting at level 0 against the bots is very difficult if it is really late in the map.

give it a shot, because if your UWC3 picks up in popularity, its an excellent mod to play. I personally love it. but no fun playing against bots either.

Sylwester

Post by Sylwester » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 pm

The server is still using old version. New version is not finished yet.

Return to “#7 Warcraft3 (xp saved) ---------------------108.181.1.219:27021”