Rules Need Enforcing!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
DOWN- May be rebranded

Zo0Ot3d

Rules Need Enforcing!

Post by Zo0Ot3d » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 pm

To Whom it may concern:
My name is James, aka Zo0Ot3d, and I have always been a great admirer of your Call of Duty MW2 server. For some reason, it had gone down for a few months or so and I do not know why. Though it was a great disappointment then, it is but an amazing rebirth of the server that i love oh so much. Now I log on during some weird hours. Could be all day long or even at 4 am. Now there are no rules being portrayed, displayed, or even reinforced. Luckily me remembering the previous rules and people obeying my requests for such rules to be followed, is helping to keep the server safe. Your admin Poody came in and reinforced said rules to the fullest. I appreciate him and everything he did yesterday and I hope that he is rewarded for said actions that he took. Well, rules need to be posted as well as admins there to protect the server. People are air striking spawns, spawn killing, hacking, walling, ledging, and all around showing unsportsmanlike conduct. Now I know that it is a difficult request to make, for admins to log on when they are not, due to life's many time consuming demands, but all that can be done is ask right? According to your group's reputation, you are very prestigious for your respect and nobility towards the common player. Now as I had stated before, I do not know what happened to the server before hand to make it go down but your Call of Duty server is the most enjoyable on the net. It is to my own self wishes as well as what the server deserves, that I desire to fulfill an Admin position of a somewhat powerful status. I am unaware of where to apply or even if I must pay, but either way I am certain that I am like the juice in the glass I'm the man to fill the position. I have been playing this game for nearly 10 years and have admined a server or 2 along my way, but upholding the rules and regulations of a server is the utmost honor a player could ever receive. I regret to inform you that i do not play on any of your other servers due to the soul fact that the COD server is that awesome. So, I would like to take this time to just say thank you for reading my post. I very much appreciate the consideration and I am sorry for the surely misplacement of this application. My steam by the way is STEAM_0:1:504609
Even the lowest man can rise above the heavens! ~Quintus Lentulus Batiatus

sammy
Site Admin

Re: Rules Need Enforcing!

Post by sammy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 pm

thank you for your concern. the call of duty server is quite fun. and yes ppl do abuse it as they do all and every server. the 40cal admins are on cs at different times and different 40cal servers. if you are having trouble with a client abusing, it is best to type /servers ingame and navigate to another 40cal server to retrieve an admin....or if you wish to join 40cal, hear are some links to assist you!
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... f=35&t=111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... f=35&t=110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GreenChicken

Post by GreenChicken » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Glad to see an avid player in our servers come to the forum :) I myself cannot play CS lately due to technical reasons, although your concern and feedback is greatly appreciated. For the time being, I look forward to seeing you more around the forums, friend :D
-[.40 cal ]- Green Chicken **

Belcross

Post by Belcross » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:00 pm

You may also report rule breakers in Sammy's banland (demo/screenshots required) and we will take good care of them :twisted:

Sammy's banland http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=41" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How to record/post a demo: http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gathering evidence: http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... =42&t=8029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Siddhartha~

Post by Siddhartha~ » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:16 pm

Welcome to the forums, Zo0Ot3d! I must say I admire your enthusiasm, as well as the way you articulate yourself. I too, am a great admirer of the COD server. In fact, I have been playing in there nearly every day since it was reinstated. I play under the alias The Duke. (I was playing under the name Mister Rogers as well) Now, although I love everything you have said in your post, I do have a few things I want to make clear. First, I would like to give you, as well as everyone else, my sincerest apologies. You see, I have never played in a COD CS server, and I didn't know that .40cal once had one. That being said, I was completely unaware of any rules that might have been established. That is why I questioned you yesterday when you said that you cannot air strike the enemy spawn site. From the point the server launched, everyone was doing whatever they wanted, and no specific rules were ever posted. I too, would like to request that any and all COD specific rules be posted here, as well as in the server if possible. This way we can avoid misunderstandings like this in the future. That being said, let me move on to my second point. You see, although I do empathize with your feelings about people hacking, (as I myself catch people hacking all the time) I was a bit taken aback at how you handled the situation yesterday when you accused me of hacking. The main things I am referring to here are: When Poody came in I believe you said something along the lines of "You don't need to watch him, I know he's hacking..." and also at one point "Nobody kills me 20ish times in a row..." Now I must say, those statements seem a bit presumptuous to me. As a former .40cal admin myself, all I can say is that is not how we would like to present ourselves, especially in a situation like that. (Keep that in mind if you do apply for admin. Remember, a little bit of humility and tact can go a long way) The only other thing I have to say on the matter is that I completely respect Poody's reasoning for what he did. You see, after that whole incident, I decided to do some testing, and as it turns out, (and you can test this for yourself of course) when you are using the zoom feature (usekey) with the M4, it does in fact kill all of your recoil. (Poody thought I had no recoil hacks on) I also use Steady Aim as one of my perks, though I think that affects the recoil only very slightly, if at all. (maybe its broken? I have noticed that certain perks, and other things, don't work at all. But I digress...) Anyway, I just wanted to get those things off my chest, and I hope there are no hard feelings! ;)
Cheating is only in good taste, when it involves death. - The Most Interesting Man in the World

alecborlan

Post by alecborlan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:39 pm

so you can't air strike a spawn? alright that is very good to know now. HI DUKE!!!!! i'm totally gonna knife you again tonight! lol.

uopuejq

Post by uopuejq » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 pm

I'm in there with Zooted and a lot of players wall openly in server. Will admins please survey and become active in the server?

CaptainJamesTKirk

Post by CaptainJamesTKirk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:12 am

uopuejq wrote:I'm in there with Zooted and a lot of players wall openly in server. Will admins please survey and become active in the server?
sammy wrote:thank you for your concern. the call of duty server is quite fun. and yes ppl do abuse it as they do all and every server. the 40cal admins are on cs at different times and different 40cal servers. if you are having trouble with a client abusing, it is best to type /servers ingame and navigate to another 40cal server to retrieve an admin....or if you wish to join 40cal, hear are some links to assist you!
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... f=35&t=111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... f=35&t=110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our admins try to be as active as possible. It's not easy for us to watch 9 different servers at all times. You can help stop cheaters also make a demo like Belcross suggested.

Zo0Ot3d

Post by Zo0Ot3d » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Thank you everybody for your kind and informative responses. It has been quite sometime for me to take part in a server's forums. I am proud to be able to speak here and I respect every player that listens accordingly. I know about recording demos and what-not but the fact of the matter is that when playing a deathmatch server, especially one such as COD, it is extremely difficult to stop playing lol. I mean of course with the necessary motivation, which isn't so much, it can be done. I am merely stating that it would be nice to just have the admins in the server. If you have 7 servers to watch out for, with 15 admins, all of whom rarely play the COD server, then that leaves a big room for error. Seems like a smarter strategy to hire a few admins to manage the server that they love to play. Loyalty and love goes a long way in keeping a server fun and entertaining. I am not trying to lecture you I assure you. I was just simply suggesting. Now "The Duke" what happened yesterday, I completely concur with my decisions and reactions. You are not legit and I am positive that there are quite the amount of 40 cal members whom will agree silently or aloud with me on that, however, going 45-0 seldom happens for somebody, let alone killing me 20xs in a row. I most certainly doubt that it happens but 2 xs a year. Now your lack of excitement for said score with the abundance of pwnage, also the fact that as soon as Poody came into the server you started dying. With all do respect i will never EVER figure you for a legit player due to what I saw. New found friends of the server, I am no lire nor the idiot The Duke pretends me to be. I do not need to sit here and debate your innocence or not. I did my job by reporting the matter. You pleading your innocence is your problem. Whether it being difficult or not. I am a friendly gamer who just wants to play the game quietly and respectfully and just wish the same in return. As I had stated before its been 4 years since I have gone to a Clan's forums and posted on somebody, that being said is all evidence I have. Whether it is sufficient or not doesn't matter to me. What matters is that the people have listened, deciphered, and concluded in their own minds and your name sir will no longer be that of a clean one. Just remember the facts. Now I want to thank everybody again for listening and I do apologize if I offended anybody.
Sammy you have been extremely thorough and helpful. Thank you for the links and I will go and sign-up for 40 cal if I must for the admin position. Perhaps a try-out of some sort would be called into order?

Zo0Ot3d

Post by Zo0Ot3d » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:35 pm

oh and also, its a bit hard to make a demo of somebody when you cant join the server as Spectator. Soooooooo if we cant spectate somebody how am i supposed to demo? lol Go check it out in the server.

Return to “#5 Call of Duty! --------------------------------108.181.1.219:27019”