Taking out the big maps?

Gungame level Up

-Eclipse-

Taking out the big maps?

Post by -Eclipse- » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Hey, some regulars of GG has asked me to make a post on taking out the big maps in the rotations. For example : Dust, Westwood, etc. I don't play GG so I don't know what you guys want, just posting cause a regular asked. They said these maps empty the server but I don't know.

ReloadSyndrome

Re: Taking out the big maps?

Post by ReloadSyndrome » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:47 am

Westwood does tend to empty the server just because of the rooftops that can be abused. As Dust and other regular maps I was wondering if we can add the mod that has random spawn spots like we do for DM server. That would stop people from just camping certain spots to get kills. Sammy if that we can try that out it would be great. It would give people more of a chance who aren't as good.

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:53 am

I do agree with not having big maps on gungame when there are only a few people on the server, but they are a lot of fun when there are a lot of people on the server. The one thing I don't like is the random spawn mods. It's takes away any strategy.

ladyToOLs

Post by ladyToOLs » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:59 am

I'm totally for random spawning! Makes the map so much more fun! Big maps do empty the servers when there are not many people playing and you all start at your spawns, but when the server is full big maps are awesome....

Random spawn!!

Not the Face!

Post by Not the Face! » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:40 am

ladyToOLs wrote:I'm totally for random spawning! Makes the map so much more fun! Big maps do empty the servers when there are not many people playing and you all start at your spawns, but when the server is full big maps are awesome....

Random spawn!!

I have to go with the random spawn as well, especially on the bigger maps. I've seen multiple maps... inferno, dust2, even office... all spawn in the normal spawn... then it happens to end up where one team is just waiting outside of spawn for the other team..... random spawn would clean that right up, like in byfly.

sammy
Site Admin

Post by sammy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:18 am

ill see what I can do

ReloadSyndrome

Post by ReloadSyndrome » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:51 am

Mr. Spock wrote:
ladyToOLs wrote:I'm totally for random spawning! Makes the map so much more fun! Big maps do empty the servers when there are not many people playing and you all start at your spawns, but when the server is full big maps are awesome....

Random spawn!!

I have to go with the random spawn as well, especially on the bigger maps. I've seen multiple maps... inferno, dust2, even office... all spawn in the normal spawn... then it happens to end up where one team is just waiting outside of spawn for the other team..... random spawn would clean that right up, like in byfly.
Yes the camping at the spawn spots is the main reason that I think random spawn spots would be good. Most strats on regular maps like dust2 and aztec just involves one team camping near spawn and killing the other team as they leave their spawn. You can imagine that this would lead to one team just level feeding the other team.

TheTreeGod!

Post by TheTreeGod! » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Please take out the big maps period!!! The old rotation was sweet! We always had the same regs in here day in and day out. Ever since the big changes to the spawn points and map rotation those regs are nowhere to be found. The reason is Gungame is not meant to be long and drawn out it's supposed to be fast and quick. Smaller maps give everyone a chance to play and shoot more vs the bigger maps which force us to run half a mile only to get hs then run another half mile. Which after the second or third time of that I and anyone else who experiences it quickly leaves looking for another server.

The server is on a decline in numbers of people playing in it. Frankly I miss the old maps the thrill of the random spawn points and I also miss the people who used to love playing in this gg server day in and out.

Even if you just add rtv or at least an end of the map vote to the server would be a tremendous help, but something must be done or even I wont be here much longer.

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:34 pm

TheTreeGod! wrote:Please take out the big maps period!!! The old rotation was sweet! We always had the same regs in here day in and day out. Ever since the big changes to the spawn points and map rotation those regs are nowhere to be found. The reason is Gungame is not meant to be long and drawn out it's supposed to be fast and quick. Smaller maps give everyone a chance to play and shoot more vs the bigger maps which force us to run half a mile only to get hs then run another half mile. Which after the second or third time of that I and anyone else who experiences it quickly leaves looking for another server.

The server is on a decline in numbers of people playing in it. Frankly I miss the old maps the thrill of the random spawn points and I also miss the people who used to love playing in this gg server day in and out.

Even if you just add rtv or at least an end of the map vote to the server would be a tremendous help, but something must be done or even I wont be here much longer.
I agree (except for the random spawn part)!

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:05 pm

LOVE the new map rotation! Thanks, Sammy!

Return to “#4 Gungame Server! ------------------------108.181.1.219:27018”