new map suggestions

Classic Dust2 - DOWN, May be rebranded

the antichrist

new map suggestions

Post by the antichrist » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 pm

an admin suggested i add this thread on the forums. didn't know you guys would even consider until he said something, so here goes...

de_wraith - small map and easy to learn

de_dust4ever - not too big of a map, and fun

de_dustcastle - i can see this not being added but try it out

de_tuscan - love this one

de_aztec3 - haven't played in years but definitely better than the original aztec

try them out, you'll like at least one of them. better than dust, aztec, and militia.

kyute

Re: new map suggestions

Post by kyute » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:36 am

the only map i would have an objection for is de_dust4ever, it is a good map to play, don't get me wrong but the concept is just wrong. the fact that the t's are able to get INTO the bombsite before the cts are even close just isn't right to me, esp in regular cs.

but the rest would sound fine to me. try to post up download links so that when the admins upload the map, they don't have to search for it and maybe download the wrong one, it would also make their lives easier :D

the antichrist

Post by the antichrist » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:09 pm

the issue you bring up about "de_dust4ever" is the reason why the map should be allowed. it makes the game more fun when the t-side players do actually plant and then the cts HAVE TO (sometimes they don't) defuse.

it's the complete opposite of aztec or dust, those maps are SO ct sided that people just camp out at the chokepoints. dust4ever was suggested because ts actually have a high percentage chance to plant, plus there's more ways to get around the map without people getting confused/lost.

i think that's why there's the 40cal custom maps; more opportunities for the offensive team (ts on bomb maps / cts on hostage maps) to complete their objective. and also, there's less camping on these maps since enemies can come from anywhere, since there's more ways to get around the map.

and besides, more variety of maps is a good thing for a server, especially when the maps are actually fun, like the ones i suggested. the only server i know that had those maps regular in rotation (besides tuscan) was olefarts, and that server went down the tubes.

i think at the least, 40cal should try de_wraith on the intermediate server. it's small, simple, and fun.

Seeds

Post by Seeds » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm

I think some maps need to be removed that is for sure, de_aztec, not a good map, should go, cs_militia also not that great. only really good CS map i think is office. but hey just my short little input.

Pandaem0nium

Post by Pandaem0nium » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:54 pm

My two cents on maps that could be added for a better rotation and what I think should be taken out.

ADD:
de_nuke - classic map everyone always enjoys it
cs_italy - small map easy to play and always fun to play without awps
playground_x - small map so very fun

TAKEOUT:
40cal_train - I notice of all the maps in the rotation that map more than usually clears the server out.

This is just my opinion for a more full server though.

.#blaze

Post by .#blaze » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Pandaem0nium wrote:My two cents on maps that could be added for a better rotation and what I think should be taken out.

ADD:
de_nuke - classic map everyone always enjoys it
cs_italy - small map easy to play and always fun to play without awps
playground_x - small map so very fun

TAKEOUT:
40cal_train - I notice of all the maps in the rotation that map more than usually clears the server out.

This is just my opinion for a more full server though.
nuke is not bad, but sometimes it DOES turn into camp fest, its also bad with less ppl, because of the 2 floors, the map is quite large.

italy is awesome, love it, but 1, theres alot of camping on the t side, sure its a cs_ map but damn do they ever have the advantage.
2, i believe italy is maxed out at 20 ppl, so ppl would be in spec wanting to get in.

playground x would be a bad map because its small. esp with 32 ppl, its get a bit busy, and the fact that both teams can see each other right off the spawn/beinning of the round doesnt help.

lastly, i DO agree with this. 40cal train absolutely kills the server. so bad. i believe i've tried to get them to take this map out of rotation for the same reason, its a server killer.
but of course as usual they waved it off and kept it in. sad.

.#blaze

Post by .#blaze » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:50 pm

just played militia.. that can be a lop sided/boring to watch map as well..

K@@NTurkish

Post by K@@NTurkish » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:43 am

^^ well i think militia is a very T sided and camping map.. Ts camp around ladders and in side the house. if there is 20+ people in the server , very hard to get to the hosties imo.

Return to “#2 CLASSIC NO AWP -------------------------108.181.1.219:27016”