Can't join CS Anymore :(

talk about cs related topics here!

Jeriko

Can't join CS Anymore :(

Post by Jeriko » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Hello, can't join the game anymore (see pic bellow)

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag2 ... a2d84a.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here what i tried already:

1- Reboot Laptop

2- Uninstall, reinstall game

3- Completely exit Steam
Right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam
Select "Run as Administrator"
Launch Steam again and continue to the section of this article titled "Verify integrity of game cache"

4- Click Start button, then 'All Programs', and 'Accessories'
Right-click on Command Prompt and then click "Run as administrator..."
In the command prompt, enter the following command, including quotation marks: "C:\Program Files\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair
Note: C:\Program Files\Steam\ is the default installation directory for Steam - change this to the correct directory if you installed Steam to a different location. 64-bit systems will use Program Files (x86) instead of Program Files.
This process will take a few minutes to complete. Once finished, the message "Steam Client Service repair completed." will appear.
The issue may be fixed at this point, however it is recommended you reboot your computer before testing if the repair resolved the problem.

5- Any idea?
"I don't know why i can't hit, i was on target..."

MarioBros

Re: Can't join CS Anymore :(

Post by MarioBros » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:38 pm

http://www.40calgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 942#p97942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
8-)
"Text translated via Google Translate"

Jeriko

Post by Jeriko » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:55 pm

Doesn'T work... well i'm going to see the family for the weekend i'll check on that monday.

Thx anyways
"I don't know why i can't hit, i was on target..."

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 pm

Seems like another STEAM SCREW-UP. I, however, was able to join without encountering any issues.

However based on the description of a building-up issue, it might be CS FOLDER. I can upload mine and share the link?

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Jeriko wrote:
Doesn'T work... well i'm going to see the family for the weekend i'll check on that monday.

Thx anyways
What didn't work?
Did you understand what you have to do?
It worked perfectly for me.

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:23 pm

I still believe the problem lies within a CS FOLDER.

1. Download WINRAR here: http://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. Download my CS folder here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5glp2 ... strike.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3. Use WINRAR to open the file
4. DELETE your CS folder(now that I am not safe about doing, because it has your configuration file, locate it and save it on the desktop)
5. Drag MY "CS" folder where yours once was
6. Replace and Paste your CONFIG file(if you saved it) into your NEW "CS" folder

I was able to LOG-IN into STEAM and play-NO PROBLEMS, but based on the provided information about the issue you girls/guys have encountered, my solution WILL fix it. Not SHOULD or MAY, it WILL fix it.

Any questions, just PM me, any NEW encounters-PM ME

Yours truly
LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:34 pm

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY wrote:I still believe the problem lies within a CS FOLDER.

1. Download WINRAR here: http://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. Download my CS folder here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5glp2 ... strike.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3. Use WINRAR to open the file
4. DELETE your CS folder(now that I am not safe about doing, because it has your configuration file, locate it and save it on the desktop)
5. Drag MY "CS" folder where yours once was
6. Replace and Paste your CONFIG file(if you saved it) into your NEW "CS" folder

I was able to LOG-IN into STEAM and play-NO PROBLEMS, but based on the provided information about the issue you girls/guys have encountered, my solution WILL fix it. Not SHOULD or MAY, it WILL fix it.

Any questions, just PM me, any NEW encounters-PM ME

Yours truly
LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY
Yes but yours erases anything you have in the cs folder and replaces it with YOUR stuff. Its not only the config file but screenshots, demos, condumps and whatever other stuff we might have.

You can easily do the "restore previous version" of the cstrike folder instead of the whole half-life folder and still save your stuff.

LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY

Post by LITTLE-FLUFFY-KITTY » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:50 pm

MarioBros wrote: Yes but yours erases anything you have in the cs folder and replaces it with YOUR stuff. Its not only the config file but screenshots, demos, condumps and whatever other stuff we might have.

You can easily do the "restore previous version" of the cstrike folder instead of the whole half-life folder and still save your stuff.
YES, but if they encounter this:

Then your method will fail to work. The solution you offer is quick and the BEST fix for anybody who does NOT have a WINDOWS BACKUP disabled.

My method is a bit HARDCORE(I like to call it :D ), but WILL work.

MarioBros

Post by MarioBros » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:18 am

Hmm I didn't think of that, nice one kitteh!

Skinny

Post by Skinny » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:40 am

Have you attempted to run steam as a administrator? I constantly get this stupid error that the game failed to start. So I reset my laptop and open steam it self as an administrator and all my problems are gone.

Return to “Counter-Strike! General cs topics!”